Whats you worst Landing in FSX?

This is my worst FSX Landing ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZVMCogY4E&feature=youtu.be&t=54m25s

I would've executed a go-around but for the sake of the video I tried and successfully recovered the aircraft. Almost slammed into the grass as well! This landing would've really knocked you around in real life!

My worst was a crash on landing a 744 at YMML last week. I have my settings realistic and have done so for 10 years. It was my first crash landing since then. Gutted.

Wow that sucks. Some FSX pilots like me like to fool around sometimes and maybe crash but I'm talking seriously. You were on a serious typical flight, no fooling around and you crashed or had a bad landing.

Since I am guilty of being dumb-like-a-chimp at the worst times, my most memorable was in X-Plane 9, flying the M-53 Soviet SST, during cruise, no less. Accidentally disconnected the autopilot/autothrottle, stalled, and went into a flat spin, crashed into the Atlantic. I felt really awful for the passengers.

e2c65700c9895c9d2799a865622c9497-m-53_1.png

Since I am guilty of being dumb-like-a-chimp at the worst times, my most memorable was in X-Plane 9, flying the M-53 Soviet SST, during cruise, no less. Accidentally disconnected the autopilot/autothrottle, stalled, and went into a flat spin, crashed into the Atlantic. I felt really awful for the passengers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193324[/ATTACH]

Thats a cool plane. That sucks you crashed.

I had this scenery for fs2000 for meigs that I really liked. I had an f-104 that I would deliberately do a final way too high and hot in, then see if I could brake to a stop before going into the water. fun time, made me laugh. worst one actually trying to do it right? I've got a couple of fights saved with ils approaches in really bad storms that don't always end well, hehe. shooting deadsticks into st marten with heavy iron is fun too.

Phil Colvin

FSX.... a freeware 737-700.... landing at Chicago Midway.... cleared visual... I was too high and too fast. Middle of the runway I touched down. Couldn't stop in time. Went right off the runway onto the adjoining highway.

Forgot to put throttles at idle so reverse thrust didn't work. It was just horrible all the way around.. lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

My worst landing(s)?

If you look at my vLSO records, you'll see 95% of my CQ landings are really, really terrible. If you don't, I'll admit to only 90% at most! Take THAT, AI LSO's! HA! Neener. :rolleyes: :p

Mature as all heck, huh?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

This is my worst FSX Landing ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZVMCogY4E&feature=youtu.be&t=54m25s

I would've executed a go-around but for the sake of the video I tried and successfully recovered the aircraft. Almost slammed into the grass as well! This landing would've really knocked you around in real life!

its bad but not as worst as you thinking. there are so many worst but try to land safe always

I had this scenery for fs2000 for meigs that I really liked. I had an f-104 that I would deliberately do a final way too high and hot in, then see if I could brake to a stop before going into the water. fun time, made me laugh. worst one actually trying to do it right? I've got a couple of fights saved with ils approaches in really bad storms that don't always end well, hehe. shooting deadsticks into st marten with heavy iron is fun too.

Lol that sounds fun. I do like setting up challenging flights but majority of the time I'm a very serious FSX pilot and i only fly airplanes within my learning level/Certificate and my highest certificate is my Private Pilots license that I recieved from doing the lessons and checkride which took FOREVER and finally completed it last year. SO I restrict myself to simple tricycle gear props like the Cessna 152 or Cessna 172. Also whenever I want to fly a new plane I haven't flow before, I do a check-out flight in the plane.

My next type of planes/certificate I'm probably gonna learn is Tailwheel training.

But I do like to set up scenarios or fly around in fighter jets sometimes. (I dont have FSX Acceleration but I do have a couple of awesome freeware fighters that substitute the F/A-18C like the IRIS F-15C)

I notice the Honorable von Peerhoven, that famous natural born aviator, has failed to check into this thread. Probably because he never had a bad landing, just wet ones! I, on the other hand, grease them all.

Because I HEAVILY fly Cessna 172s and Cessna 152s, (In my FSX logbook, my previous 10 flights been in the Cessna 152, or more specifically, the JustFlight Cessna 152) its really easy to grease a beautiful smooth landing. When I had that bad landing, you also have to notice that there was lag for 3 seconds before touchdown and when the lag stopped I was in a nose down attitude and landed on the nose gear and bounced hard.

I have very light lag when flying but when I'm flying and recording with OBS it lags more. But whenever I'm too high on approach, I idle the engine and just glide it in. Works every time. When I'm to low, I fly with enough power that keeps the airspeed up until I get over the runway, then I reduce power. I rarely have to do any go-around's but I still practice them every once and a while.

Only time in my flying of FSX I had to do real go-around was when I was on final at Harvey Field (S43) and there was traffic on the runway (He was getting lined up for take-off). So I applied full power and executed a go-around.

This real-life Airbus landed "firmly" at Cairo in the 1980's, as recounted by Alexander Frater in his book "Beyond the Blue Horizon", he was a passenger and had been invited to sit in the cockpit-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/fsx-airbus-1980s_zpsstvqtxkm.jpg~original

I feel very terrible for the crew of that flight. Especially when there was a passenger watching. I do really hate though how passengers judge pilots based on their landing, and ignore the fact that the pilots are the ONLY ONES WHO CAN FLY THE PLANE.

I really really hate the media how they represent aviation sometimes like when there was a news coverage on a small air taxi Cessna Caravan with passengers inside and lost the engine and one crew filmed the whole thing. And the media I think it was good morning america said "The plane is spiraling towards the water" WHEN CLEARLY the pilot was making a controlled glide and made a safe splash down and all the crew escaped.

Johnny Boy...

Please note that neither His Royal Highness von Peerhoven nor I ever fly Cessna 152's. Our training, regardless of our landing skills, ended years ago! Nothing less than twins for me, and mostly older models... HRM vP is much the same, he just seems to get wet landing his, that's all, just ask Mr. Zippy.

Worst landing so far for me:

2 days ago, did a LOC/DME approach at LOWI, Innsbruck, Austria from Gatwick, (EGKK) in a PMDG 747. Forgot to arm flaps and bounced off the runway and speared off into a mountain they I get "On Taxiway" afterwards!, hilarious, not far from airport about 10 miles out.

My favorite bad landing was when my B737 landed long and forgetting to turn off the speed hold made the plane crash through the airport fence and stop on the nearby interstate with cars buzzing by.

That reminds me of that 737 that crashed where the crew had engine trouble and shut down the wrong engine and went off the runway and into a highway.

Archived