Specification of a PC desktop to run FSX, PMDG and REX soothly

m_alizd

There is a hundred ways to answer that question. One simple answer is get the fastest CPU you can afford. To run medium to high graphics settings, you need 3.5 Ghz or more.

To run all high, you need as close to 4 or more as you can. You can run the game an all low settings if you have 3GHz or lower. SSD will get you faster load times and better reliability than a mech drive.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

thanks pvarn.

How about graphics card detail?

on board graphics cards are ok or i would need to by external one? how much of ram on it? what parameters are important to run rex, etc smoother?

Not sure how many of following add-ons I can also have on top of above and still go smooth:

ORBX FTX global vector

Aerosoft airport sceneries

Fly tampa

FTX Australia/England

Vatsim

On-board/on-chip graphics are not good enough. You want a dedicated GPU.

The "smoothly" bit is the actual problem. You will be able to run FSX on bugdet hardware, but not "smoothly" at high settings and not with addons on top.

i7 6700 K, Asus Z170 pro gaming, 16 GByte of RAM and an NVidia GTX960 or above will get you closer. A max budget of $1200 seems reasonable, less if you can get good deals on the parts and build the thing yourself.

Archived