I'm going to be fast with my specs:

Titan X pascal

32GB RAM

1TB Storage

1000 Watt PSU

Custom water cooling system CPU & GPU

Acer Predator X34P (3440 x 1440) 100Mhz

FPS and Resolution are my main goals.

I will also download addons to full the sim.

Thanks for the help my friends!

The Titan X Pascal is overkill for now, unless you want to do VR with FlyInside. IMO the "best" CPU for ESP based sims currently is the i7 6700K - if you can get a stable overclock at around 4.5 GHz with a good Z170 motherboard and fast memory.

The high resolution display will cost a bit of performance. You will want an SSD with this system, and IMHO you will have to fine tune it for performance. Overclocking alone is not enough.

And be prepared for setbacks and disappointments. The simulator can always be set up to demand more than any hardware can give. And there is always something "more". Higher settings, higher resolution, more displays, VR, combining large-footprint addons...

Thanks for the reply! I watched so many P3D youtube videos without editing and some guys that have the 6700k had worst graphics that a guy that has the 5960x or the higher CPU's. Prepar3d is different than normal gaming because of addons & more. you might need a CPU that can support all the load that you are gonna put into the sim and try to run it smootlhy with high settings. thats why I chose those two CPU's.

Thanks for the reply! I watched so many P3D youtube videos without editing and some guys that have the 6700k had worst graphics that a guy that has the 5960x or the higher CPU's. Prepar3d is different than normal gaming because of addons & more. you might need a CPU that can support all the load that you are gonna put into the sim and try to run it smootlhy with high settings. thats why I chose those two CPU's.

Sorry, but if you have already set your mind on what the best CPU is, then why ask?

P3D still has the ESP sim kernel. It needs top single core floating point performance at the highest clock rate possible. And when you already have a base clock of 4 GHz, you are not straining the CPU too much when you go beyond that. Plus, additional cores do not help the simulator engine that much. That is why for example Jetline Systems chooses the 6700K for their $4000 top-of-the-line flightsim computer.

Take the 5960x: it has a base clock of 3 GHz. This is the speed where Intel tells you that this CPU is stable. You will have to overclock it by 33% to reach the same level that the 6700K has by default, and by 65% to reach a point where the 6700 still is stable but you have no guarantee that your specific 5960X can even handle that. In this price range I wouldn't take that risk, not when I can have a tried and proven solution for a lot less money.

Archived