Help with Scenery.cfg Error Remote Scenery Path in Scenery Area.000

biggers

Hi;

I have 1300 Sceneries in FS2004 under System 7 Prof System and over 5000 hours of sim time.

This one stumps me. Upon starting FS, I get the Error Remote Scenery Path in Scenery Area.000

Message, but saying "OK" lets me into the sim and all else works fine.

I cant figure out how to get rid of the error message upon starting the sim. Searched all through the

config.sys file, but no joy! Any hints of help would be appreciated.

Steve Korin - Universal Airlines (VA) http://www.uvairlines.com

Thanks in advance!

Hi Steve,

AFAIK there should be no Area.000 - they should run from .001. Have you checked the scenery.cfg file to see if there is a .000 area listed. If there is it will give pointers as to where it thinks the scenery is located.

Another option is to simply delete (or rename if you so wish) the current scenery.cfg file and start the sim - it will rebuild a new .cfg file based on what it finds.

A handy little freeware tool you may also wish to consider is the Scenery Config Editor tool found at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Amongst the many things that it can do is that it will highlight any problem areas. Other things is can do include activating scenery and placing it where you want in the priority listing without even starting FS2004. It also has the ability to Reset Area and Layer numbering and Reorder the file with a single click - this may be the reason you have the error message. Other options the tool offers is the ability to import and activate multiple sceneries in a single action and the restoration of deleted files/areas from a backup area. When you close the tool after making changes you are prompted to save the changes, which are written to the scenery.cfg file. When you next start the FS, the changes are loaded into the sim list as normal. I have used the tool for several years and can thoroughly recommend it.

Regards

Brian

[quote=longbreak754;1992904

Another option is to simply delete (or rename if you so wish) the current scenery.cfg file and start the sim - it will rebuild a new .cfg file based on what it finds.

I'm definitely not an expert ...... pretty I'm pretty sure THAT will break the sim. It won't rebuild a scenery.cfg.

Been there ...... done that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ Glenn (AKA gwillmot) - OK my bad......

@ Steve (AKA biggers) - ignore my suggestion regards deleting the scenery.cfg - the other suggestions are valid though. Also, you could see if you have any other scenery files with different names such as Oldscenery.cfg or scenery.bak for example. If so rename the current .cfg file to something else and then rename the alternative as scenery.cfg and test.

Other than looking in the .cfg file to find the bad entry or using the tool i suggested, the other option would be to simply use the sim settings page to de-select all scenery (less the default areas), restart the sim so that it updates the .cfg with only the default areas and test. Close the sim down, go back to the settings page and add/enable a scenery, test and repeat etc - unfortunately this method is very time consuming.

Regards

Brian

Archived