How Does My Sim (Prepar3d) Will Run With These PC Specs?

andreDBU777

hi guys, I am gonna be building a new PC just for Prepar3d & other stuff, but the only game that I want to play is Prepar3d.

These are my PC Specs:

Asus X99 A ii motherboard

i7 6850k Processor

Nvidia GTX 1080 SLI graphics Card

Corsair vengeance LPX 32GB Memory Ram

Samsung 850 EVO 500gb X2 (1TB)

Corsair HX1200i Power Supply

120mm Fans X6

Water Cooling System (CPU & GPU)

Acer Predator X34 Monitor

Those are the most important Specs, and I also want to OC.

My goal is to Run Prepar3d with Max Settings and put it Addons to make it more realistic. :D

Water Textures are big FPS hit. So is traffic. No one can tell you what your sliders should be set at. That will be up to you with experimentation and based on how much frame rate you want. But as I said before, those are fine specs and your experience with P3D should be more then enjoyable. I am running on a gen 3 Processor still and run P3D well and am very happy with it. :)

The underlying engine that runs the sims (P3D & FSX) was developed 11 years ago. LM has been making some changes but the base code is still 11 years old. That might mean that it is unable to take advantage of more modern processing techniques and hardware.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Plenty of computers would run it maxed out........if it was 64bit and if it was not 11 year old code.

DTG Flight School is a 64bit ESP engine already, recompiled with current technology. Does not run any better than the FSX versions before it. Save for the fact that you cannot drop in any addons, which helps a lot with performance.

DTG Flight School is a 64bit ESP engine already, recompiled with current technology. Does not run any better than the FSX versions before it. Save for the fact that you cannot drop in any addons, which helps a lot with performance.

X-Plane went 64-bit some time ago. Its performance no better, its graphics not improved.

No clear or demonstrable difference between 32-bit and 64-bit, which is exactly what we said would happen. When P3D goes 64-bit there will be a loss of compatibility, before developers adapt to the new extension of capability and immediately fill it with their junk, because their junk is the only one that counts.

In the meantime, 32-bit is what you get with Prepar3d AND performance is ALWAYS limited. Fact. End of.

I see, I will learn more about that tho. by the way, how does your simulator performs with that SLI GPU?

Just to be sure - you do know that SLI means running TWO graphics cards, right? These two GPUs are connected by an SLI bridge cable, and an additional controller process sychronizes what they do.

As malcott wrote, you are paying double the money for a moderate increase of performance, a massive increase in noise, heat and power consumption and completely new issues and shortcomings of the SLI technology. Two years ago I ran two GTX 660OC in SLI for a few months, it was not worth it.

btw. does anyone know if NVidia implemented that SLI profile for P3D that people were hoping for?

Just to be sure - you do know that SLI means running TWO graphics cards, right? These two GPUs are connected by an SLI bridge cable, and an additional controller process sychronizes what they do.

As malcott wrote, you are paying double the money for a moderate increase of performance, a massive increase in noise, heat and power consumption and completely new issues and shortcomings of the SLI technology. Two years ago I ran two GTX 660OC in SLI for a few months, it was not worth it.

btw. does anyone know if NVidia implemented that SLI profile for P3D that people were hoping for?

No, they didn't.

The story is that all the smart money is expected to gravitate to 1070's and 1080's which have no trouble working in sole use, so they never bothered as it was actually a very complex task with little ROI.

No, they didn't.

Actually they did, several driver iterations ago. I've been running SLI for quite a while - originally with 970's and now with 1070's. As stated, only you can decide whether the cost vs performance gain is worthwhile. If that were MY only criteria, I'd say no.

You really have to get the sim running well on a single card and then add the "frosting on the cake" with a second card but depending on the second card to solve performance issues just isn't going to happen.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Actually they did, several driver iterations ago. I've been running SLI for quite a while - originally with 970's and now with 1070's. As stated, only you can decide whether the cost vs performance gain is worthwhile. If that were MY only criteria, I'd say no.

You really have to get the sim running well on a single card and then add the "frosting on the cake" with a second card but depending on the second card to solve performance issues just isn't going to happen.

Vic

Actually, they didn't. They simply flagged another application with somewhat similar criterion and renamed that.

Which is why you only get 20% better performance when properly optimised SLI will see at least 75-90% performance increase. There were a number of significant issues identified during beta that would have needed huge time and effort to resolve, while the next generation of single cards would (and did) trounce the performance.

And even then, the CPU not GPU remains the limiting factor.

Nvidia made a commercial decision to discontinue the SLI program, although they continue to work with L-M to optimise new cards and drivers, but not as a genuine Profile.

Archived