Reverse Thrusters Didn't Reverse...

Minas Man

:(Ah...Seems like the only time I come here is when there is a problem. Well, here's the latest...

Flew the default LearJet 45 from Denver Intl (KDEN) to Dulles Intl (Washington, D.C). I was having a great flight:pilot:

Shot a pretty good approach for Rwy 12. Actually hit the center line which doesn't happen for me as often as I'd like. Pulled the throttle all the way back for the reverse thrusters to slow down. The little jet kept thundering down Rwy 12 like a formula one race car.

I'm pumping the brakes like mad. Seems like all I heard was tire screech. The plane ran off the end of the runway and hit the dirt. Started cart-wheeling and going crazy.

Long story short...I was almost on the steps of the Capital before I could gain control. I Think I saw Donald Trump laughing at me:mad:

Did I miss something:confused: I'm pretty sure I followed my checklist like I always do.

P.S. This isn't the first time this has happen, either.

Well the models by MS did lack that 'finished' look. They are terrible. The air file for the L45 has a lot of sections missing (so you can't edit it if it ain't there-dah). They intended for that to 'happen'. But it is BOGUS.

I went and downloaded this so I could use the air file (which is for Lear 45) from it: Henry Tomkiewicz Gulfstream (gulfstream_v_htai_df-wga.zip), 1.3 Mb, dated Aug 2012. I believe you will find that IF your fuel is 45% or less, and you land it at around 140 kts (use spoiler just before touchdown) it will stop rather quickly with use of reverse thrust and braking.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

This has nothing to do with the .air file, it is a quirk in the autopilot.

You cannot disengage the auto throttle if you are in Mach Hold.

You have to switch back to Airspeed Hold to be able to disengage the auto throttle.

The challenge is that in Mach Hold you can click on the SPD button and it will go out, which may lead you to believe the AT is off.

SOP is to switch from Airspeed Hold to Mach Hold in the climb.

You have to remember to switch back in the descent or the AT will make landing an interesting experience.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I know this problem, and it isn't a bug. I don't know if it's like that in the real thing, but in FSX, the Lear 45 doesn't have an autothrottle at all. It's not like in the, say, 737, where you can disengage the A/T, and the Speed Hold will disengage too.

You need to use Ctrl+R (or whatever key binding you have for Speed Hold On/Off), since you need to turn off the Speed Hold specifically - a full toggling Autothrottle doesn't exist in the FSX Lear 45.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

I thought you wanted to hand fly and hand land the L45. Didn't know you wanted to use AP to make the landing. If so, I would have said that the AP (including Speed Hold, which is 'Ctrl+R') was still 'active' - PERIOD). That being the case, then (OF COURSE) this whole sheebang DOES INDEED have anything to do with the Air File (dah). Just poor flying skills.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No, he is leaving Speed Hold ON when landing and goes speeding down the runway while holding down F2 (and pressing it HARD) trying to stop but to no avail. IE: Human Error. Ha!

Chuck B

Napamule

Evm: I use neither. You can use the keypad. "9" to increase throttle' date=' and "3" to decrease. I started doing this back in FS98. Almost no one does it this way anymore, I think.[/quote']

I have to resort to the keyboard method too, when an aircraft refuses to let me bind the reversers to the axis on my TQ.

When using the "F" keys (F1-F4) I often have to hold down F2 for the reversers to deploy and to spool up - and I have to keep on holding F2 down, until I want to stow them, then I release the key and briefly press F1.

I just did a quick test on my laptop (FSX:SE) with the aircraft just sitting on the runway. While the default 737 travels slowly backwards with reversers fully deployed, the Lear 45 does not move at all. Seems like the Lear's reverse thrust isn't very effective? But I am not an expert on the default planes.

:(Ah...Seems like the only time I come here is when there

I'm pumping the brakes like mad. Seems like all I heard was tire screech. The plane ran off the end of the runway and hit the dirt. Started cart-wheeling and going crazy.

this reminds me of my first landing at Brize Norton back when I first got 737NGX. Burnt the tires and brakes toasted and when right off the runway :(

Archived