FSX Freezes during every flight

liamr685

Guys,

After a 3 year long break from simming, I recently came back into it, with installing FSX on my new PC.

Everything was running fine, but I had to Re-install windows 10 a month or so ago...

Now I re-installed FSX yesterday and it keeps freezing randomly, anything between 5 mins from the start of the flight, to 20 mins into the flight, usually when I reach my cruising altitude, or just before.

I have little addons in FSX at the moment;

UK2000 EGCC, EGGW & EGLL

CLS Airbus Collection Long Haul, A340-500/600 & B747-200/300.

Now ive tested it in different aircraft to make sure its not addon specific, and it still freezes.

Ive gone through as many fixes as possible on the forums, but still no breakthrough.

>Tried a complete re-install and removal of old registry entries.

>Set all settings to minimum and gradually increased them.

>Made sure FSUIPC was installed.

Any idea as to what is going on? It was fine prior to my re-install of windows 10.

PC:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer

GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980

RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz

PSU: Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

-Liamr685

Windows 10 is up to date Version 1607 Build 14393.105

SSD With my OS is optimised

HDD with FSX is defragged

One drive is disabled

Cortana is disabled, as far as I am aware

Privacy setting are all turned off.

Pause on task switch is off.

It freezes completely, so much so I cant tab out, I cant even see the task manager to close it.

I have to hit restart, or force restart by hitting the button on my PC Case.

I deleted all data on my SDD then re-installed windows onto that.

I also reformatted my HDD as well. Which is what FSX is on.

Nothing else on my computer freezes in this way, just FSX.

Also, in regards to Cortana...

You cant fully disable it with the latest build (1607 anniversary update) of windows, so ive just followed a 'How To' and created a new registry to fully disable Cortana, which has disabled it, as the Cortana Icon has been replaced with the Magnifying/Looking Glass, as it was prior to the Anniversary Update of windows 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-disable-cortana-in-windows-10/

Also reduced the processes that windows defender does in the background.

Only other programme that I have running in the background, that i didnt before, is Discord...As the group of guys a play with in other games, stopped using Teamspeak 3

If the pc freezes during flight it can be a long time. Wait it out. It will either continue (can take an hour or more!) or it will crash.

That will tell you something.

If it freezes and continueas it can be caused by many things. No shortcuts, you'll have to check and verify all possible causes.

If it actually crashes you can find the error in the Windows Event Log.

NMever just forcefully shut the pc down (power cord/button hold). It will not fix anything, and only do damage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After doing some changes with the questions asked below, Im going to have another test flight.

Only one occasion it crashed and I got the fatal error/FSX has stopped working message. the rest it just hangs and I restart the PC (most times I can hit the windows button and restart that way, not force restart via the button on my PC case)

Will report back.

It never hurts to find out what may be causing the freeze/crash! It might give some clues as to what's actually happening.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just hit 22K feet, swapping from external to 2D Cockpit, the game has froze, sound is still going, but no inputs are registered from my JS or keyboard.

Will leave it to see if it resumes, or I get an error...

If your installation was from discs, is this FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 or FSX with Acceleration? Did you also place the UIautomationcore.dll file in your Main FSX folder?

You are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 in your main FSX folder.

Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259469-FSX-fatal-error&highlight=UiAutomationCore

Put this UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.

The sim will look for the file there first and run it for FSX only.

Other programs that need the Version: 7.0.0.0 uiautomationcore.dll will still have the one in system files and not be affected

Its FSX Gold with Acceleration, Installed from Disk. Which version do I need?

Freezing is intermittent now, Locks up for 5 or so minutes, starts working again for a minute or two, then freezes again for another 5 or so.

Pick a version and try it. If it still freezes or crashes, try the other version. Are you Internet surfing while flying? Try it with your Browser shut down and antivirus in "Silent Mode".

All internet browsing is done on my laptop, FSX is running on my PC.

Downloaded the highest version and dropped it into my fsx folder, just started another test flight.

I use windows defender, Ive disabled it from doing background processes.

WRT to .dll file - The .18000 seems to be the one that works for most people. Try it and test. If it doesn't work delete is and load the other one........

Something you can do when a freeze happens is to open task manger/resource monitor and see if a 3rd party app that you are not aware of is trying to do something in the background - for example trying to connect to the internet to update.

Regards

Brian

Used .18000, got to 34000ft and managed to cruise for a few minutes, then climbed to 36000, games froze just before hitting cruise.

Going to try the other version.

When it freezes I cant open task manager, everything locks up on screen, only thing I can get open is the start bar to restart the PC

Are you now flying one of your payware aircraft and are you in the vicinity of any of your payware sceneries? Maybe try your next flight in a default aircraft in another part of the world. This would be a good test to see if any addon is causing this freeze up.