fsx se lag after reformatting pc

Yajvan

Hello there,

I am having an Alienware M17 R2 with an external GPU(alienware graphics amplifier) running the Geforce GTX 980 windforce by Gigabyte. Before reformatting the PC, I had ### AI 2.0 scaled upto 20% and it had no impact on FPS everything worked fine.. I also had FTX global, FlyTampa DXB.

I have set my frame limiter to 30 FPS.

After reformatting, I was testing at LFPG(Default Scenery) airport:-

Initially, I thought that ### AI and FTX Global was the cause of FPS killing, so I removed ### AI at first and my fps was 18-25. I never got 30 FPS. Then I removed GTX Global, still the same.. Then I removed both and still the same. I was checking about the aircraft... I switched to a PA A380 and still the same..

I am using dX10 preview and fixer by steve and tried out this tweaking guide https://kostasfsworl...hardware-guide/

I'm guessing you had to reload all your software, after your reformat. Did you defrag after installing the OS, and then again after all the rest? Did you set the size of your pagefile? Did you then defrag the pagefile in particular? Is it on a different partition or drive than your OS? Is your sim on a different drive or partition than your OS?

Did you put all the tweaks in your FSX.cfg file? Did you try tuning you GFX stuff with NVidea Inspector? Did you update all your drivers?

Just a few little ideas. I get so few, and so seldom...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It is freshly installed windows 8.1 pro. I did not defrag anything and yes after installing the OS, the rest is installed(addons). My FSX is on D: drive and it has 720 GB free. I did not put all the tweaks in the FSX.CFG file as I find some useless. I did not use Nvidia inspector before and I think it won't help.

The drivers are aldready updated.

If I were you, which I am definately not, I would, and this is me personally, do a defrag of C: and D: before anything else. You might be surprized what an effect that can have.

What tweaks you use for the .cfg file are, naturally, up to you, but I personally have been pleasantly surprized by some of the effects they can have. At the very least, the Himem tweak does seem to be important.

I am also very happy with NVidea Instector, although, again, your choice there too.

Again, just the thoughts of a rank amateur...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I would try the following:

Check to see if any of the tweaks are causing an issue - Backup your current fsx.cfg file simply by renaming it to something like fsx_current.cfg. Start FSX and a new .cfg will be created. Test

Check that FSX is recognising and using the GTX card and is not defaulting to the integrated graphics card that may be present on the MoBo.

Regards

Brian

I would try the following:

Check to see if any of the tweaks are causing an issue - Backup your current fsx.cfg file simply by renaming it to something like fsx_current.cfg. Start FSX and a new .cfg will be created. Test

Check that FSX is recognising and using the GTX card and is not defaulting to the integrated graphics card that may be present on the MoBo.

I have deleted my FSX.cfg file and let it build a new one. Still the same. No difference.

FSX is able to recognize my GTX 980.

If I were you, which I am definately not, I would, and this is me personally, do a defrag of C: and D: before anything else. You might be surprized what an effect that can have.

What tweaks you use for the .cfg file are, naturally, up to you, but I personally have been pleasantly surprized by some of the effects they can have. At the very least, the Himem tweak does seem to be important.

I am also very happy with NVidea Instector, although, again, your choice there too.

Again, just the thoughts of a rank amateur...

Pat☺

Oke, so I did a defrag of C and D drive and it did not have an impact on the performance. My fps is still around 15-20(even though I set the limiter to 30). I forgot to mention that I am using EZDOK. Regardless of having that addon, my FSX still lags. So today what I did was I reinstalled FSX to find the cause of lag. It was not autogen, not AI, not PMDG aircraft. I tried turning off my antivirus(windows defender) and also scanned for any threats. Unfortunately no threats were detected and turning off the Antivirus did not have an impact on the performance. Before reformatting, my FSX was working perfectly without any lag. This is a video which I madew(without EZDOK)

. My FPS was locked at 30. Now I am having a hard time figuring out what might be the underlying cause.

I am using the tweaks mentioned here https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/ except hardware tweaks.

Lastly, tried the nvidia inspector and no impact on performance.

Archived