FSX SP2 Installer Not Installing, Rolls Back...

farhan3201

I recently got FSX, I already have SP1, it downloaded perfectly, but I tried installing SP2, and it worked on this computer(the computer I'm writing on right now...) but not my other computer. They are both Windows XP. When I use it on computer 2, it always goes near the end, and then says it's "rolling back" the changes. Ultimately, it just doesn't install. The crazy thing is that the first time I installed it on computer 2, it worked, but then I uninstalled it, because I needed a bit more space on my drive, and I installed it again a few days later, and it doesn't work! Please help, I am really frustrated right now! I really want SP2, because it makes the graphics look so much more better, or at least it does look like it on this computer (computer 1). Hopefully I was clear enough to you!

Um, I'm pretty sure that it needs 1-2 gigs to install(not even), but I have at least 20 gigs on my C drive, where FSX is installed, so I definitely have more than enough space! Yesterday, I even uninstalled and reinstalled it, TWICE, did a clean installation again, SP1 worked like a charm, but SP2 doesn't. It just goes near the end, and does the "rolling back action" (that's what it says) and it doesn't install.

I remember reading something in a thread a while back that if an addon that requires SP2 to function is installed before SP2 is installed, it prevents SP2 installation. Lots of threads about this emphasize the need for a clean FSX installation to be able to install both SPs.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have the boxed version, so I need SP1 (which I already have) and SP2(which won't install). And it isn't Acceleration. And the only addons I have are EZdok and FSPassengers. I uninstalled FSPassengers and EZdok, and tried SP2, but once again, no good. Keep in mind that it installed once before, but now it's not installing anymore.

I have the boxed version, so I need SP1 (which I already have) and SP2(which won't install). And it isn't Acceleration. And the only addons I have are EZdok and FSPassengers. I uninstalled FSPassengers and EZdok, and tried SP2, but once again, no good. Keep in mind that it installed once before, but now it's not installing anymore.

Looking at the requirements for FSP, it looks like SP2 is required to run it. Installing it before installing SP2 may have kinda screwed up your FSX install. I think you are looking at a total FSX re-install on that computer.

Now if SP2 was there at the install of FSP, but you then uninstalled SP2, I think the same situation is there.

No, I installed FSP when I still had SP1, and it worked. Then, a few days later, I install SP2 and it worked, but I uninstalled it for drive space, and a few days later I change my mind, install it again, and it doesn't work. This is getting pretty annoying. It works on the computer I'm writing on(This one), but not the one I'm talking about. I'm limited to this computer, but not the other one.

So you messed up the uninstall of SP2. Now you need to totally uninstall FSX, clean up the FSX files and folders that are left behind and start from scratch.

You will never save space removing SPs from anything. Buy a larger hard drive, they are cheep these days.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

But the thing is that I did that multiple times already, clearing all FSX files and folder, even hidden folders, and reinstalled it, but no luck. This has been my fourth attempt!

And ran a registry cleaner?

Not if you don't use the provided uninstaller. Just going in and deleting files you think are the ones that need to go is asking for problems.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Archived