Question

kadg

I recently downloaded the AS365 dauphin Helicopter for FS2002. Long story short, When I go to do Shift + 2 while using the AS365 the sim freezes. Any thoughts? It may be nothing, but, I didn't want to mess with it til I asked someone here.

Thanks,

Jerry

This is one of those times when it pays to know how to read a .cfg file. :pilot:

I'm guessing you'll find the issue in the [WINDOW01] section of your panel.cfg or closer to the top where [WINDOW01] is defined.

Does that section of the panel use .CAB or XML files? Is this a download that was meant for FS2004? Sometimes it can be as simple as checking if you need to have FSIUP installed in your MODULES folder.

One of the stranger reasons that some panels may not work can come down to how the word "COLOR" is spelled. If the panel author lives in the UK or Oz, they may have used the word "COLOUR" (Alphasim aircraft had this issue at times) in the panel.cfg file.

Recently, I installed the CORAL F-15 Eagle for FS2004 in FS2002. The 2002 version worked fine but the HUD display would not show up in the 2004 versions 2D panel. I tracked it down to a 3D display issue between FS02 and FS04 and wound up adding a separate window for the 2D HUD (like the 2002 version but with the 2004 HUD gauge call) to the panel.cfg file.

So, in most cases you can fix these issues. You just need to do some digging. :cool:

Archived