Prepar conflict with migationstool

vschwarz504

Hello community, need help, after I installed ut2 with migrationstool, I cant start prepar 3.3

1: I got this message: tool has disabled this simulator to prevent corruption of config files.

To run sim, set it as target.

I did this, but same message came.

2. I tried to uninstall migration tool but a message said its not possible...

[emoji35] [emoji35]

3.at the moment, I uninstall prepar, cleaned all data in appdata/ roaming and registry.

I didnt find any files of mig- tool.

Did I need this migrationtool???

Best regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-A500FU mit Tapatalk

Agreed. Time to start over and throw away the migration tool. If the program you want does not have a dedicated P3D installer or you cannot install it manually (assuming it is allowed by the developer) - forget it and use a different program.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Agreed. Time to start over and throw away the migration tool. If the program you want does not have a dedicated P3D installer or you cannot install it manually (assuming it is allowed by the developer) - forget it and use a different program.

Vic

Agree completely with Vic. You just became a.n.other victim of this tool. You aren't the first. But it is easy to remove - or at least SHOULD be. Your issue seems to stem from the fact that it is still active which is why you can't delete it. Seek advice from the developers as to the how and when of using this tool - it certainly is the case you're not using it right at the moment, only increasing the risk to your system. Surely it has a manual for you to follow?

• 2 weeks later...

Vic

If I could +100 your post, I would. I rarely see anything good come from that migration tool. I am rather surprised it is even legal, considering many developers' EULA state that purchasing a license for a product for a given sim is for that sim only. You are only introducing more headache and trouble by using a tool like that.

Let's be honest and give back to the community by complying with the developers wishes, right? No one ever said a flight sim hobby was cheap. lol

- James

Archived