FSX SBuilderX Cannot start acquistion of the image?

In SBX after I click OK when I draw the red square over the area, I get an error message Cannot start acquistion of the image. Something like that. And it says to hide the background, and show it again, to fix it, but that does not work. Please help me. I really want to make my own scenery. Thanks!

In SBX after I click OK when I draw the red square over the area, I get an error message Cannot start acquistion of the image. Something like that. And it says to hide the background, and show it again, to fix it, but that does not work. Please help me. I really want to make my own scenery. Thanks!

You must have overcome your issue as you're now asking questions about inf files, but as Wim said, sometimes changing servers helps. Addtionally, if you're not using the 64 bit version of SBuilder, you'll almost certainly need to select a smaller area to process. You should see a small progress window in the lower left indicating number of tiles you're downloading from the server. If this stops, it's usually the server timing out, slow connection etc, so again you'll need to break your scenery area up into to smaller chunks.

Good luck and stick with it - patience is the key to learning scenery development.

Regards, Kendall

Thank you for your reply. I found out that when there is still 1 tile downloading from the Google Satellite, and do the red square thing, the error shows beucase it is not finished downloading. To overcome this, just used VES instead of Google Satellite. Thanks guys!

I believe I sent you a PM on this. Yes- you can go to VE but when this does happen (regardless of satellite dll used) You can go back to the main screen and hit 'view' then uncheck then check again.

Redo add map from background, draw red square. choose at least the middle circle to check and hit OK.

Watch the screen for the numbers. You most likely get a message about still downloading xxx files.

Look at the other screen and you see the numbers continue.

When done hit OK in your top screen and watch the numbers increase until they are done.

Then top window then disappears and you have the original window only.

You can then find your bmp in work folder and take it to your paint program to do your blend mask.

On Skype we would have this done already and perhaps showing ya how to do night maps, change colors, etc. :) Bob

need to do skype with me so I can see. Best chances are I can find out what is happening. Robert Lacy (Ione, Washington) Dontcha hate it when stuff like this happens? ;) Don't give up.... keep in touch. We can figure this out. Bob

Just figured it out. Ain't your fault. sometimes this happens. One

tile left and it won't budge. Hide background and try again. If that

doesn't work, try another satellite as you did. Sometimes the other

satellite didn't grab everything... sometimes it is just the dll for the

google or whatever.

We try the best we can. But then sometimes Google does this so we have to

go find a new update for the dll... and even that might not work. We

finally stumble across a good one that works for a while.

And sometimes google just gets cranky. ;) Bob

Archived