Disappearing Terminal Buildings & Aircraft

I need your help to troubleshoot this guys.

The terminal buildings disappear/go invisible after a long flight. And sometimes the AI aircraft disappear as well except for their exterior lights. The terminal buildings even disappeared into front of my eyes at the gate while trying to use the FSINN pushback feature for the first time before departure today. And the strange part, after staying on the ground for several minutes, once I open up a menu or switch views, my fsx screen go black except for the menu bar. I can hear the aircraft and control several inputs, but I am just not seeing anything.

Is this because of a limited memory issue? I have my specs fully maxed and and have tried lowering the complexity to no avail. What can I do?

Addons (in order of installation)

-Activesky 2012

-SunSky KPHL scenery

-A320 Aerosoft bundle pack (Notice problems around the time after installing this aircraft, but could not tell because all my other prior flights were short)

-Activesky 2016 upgrade

COMP/SYSTEM SPECS

- HP 750-171 6700

- 16 GB Installed Memory

- 3.4 Ghz i7 Graphics card

- 1 TB Hard Drive

- Windows 10

I keep everything off but want I want to run in FSX

- Active 2016

- FSINN

How do I efficiently reduce the sliders but keep the aesthetic beauty of FSX? Isn't want I have already enough? Or what part of the computer do I need to upgrade? Or is this some part of a FSX problem that I am overlooking to fix?

Thanks

Well a 3.4Ghz i7 isn't great but unless you have a ton of addon software, it should certainly do what you're wanting it to do! My first guess is you have way too much running in the background.

Go to your Task Manager and see what percentage of your capabilities are already used without FSX being turned on. If you have a bunch of programs running and 20% or more of processor useage without FSX, then you need to figure out how to turn some things off during FSX.

My first suggestion is to do a true cold boot. Make sure all your internet services and all other background issues are turned off and that they won't start up again upon reboot.. Then shut down your computer and let it rest for at least a minute before you reboot it. Now go to your Task Manager. Hopefully your processor use will be well under 10%.

Now try FSX and see how it works. If it is fine, then you need to be careful of what's running in the background. Start with what you feel is most important and see how that affects things. Then add the next on your priority list.

If FSX is not fine without other programs, then it gets a lot tougher. And it probably has to do with something in the FSX files. Have you added FSX software? etc. etc. Sorry there aren't any magic cures I'm aware of. It's all two steps forward and one step backwards till you get a handle on your issues. This is what many of us have faced as well!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

The specs for that hardware show both a GTX745 and onboard HD graphics. Post the FSX.cfg file to assure us and yourself you are using the dedicated card and NOT the resource-sucking, chocolate teapot onboard graphics solution.

But the issue is that with that rig you are going to have to find your own solution to slider levels that match your visual requirements to what the hardware can deliver. We cannot do this for you.

The specs for that hardware show both a GTX745 and onboard HD graphics. Post the FSX.cfg file to assure us and yourself you are using the dedicated card and NOT the resource-sucking, chocolate teapot onboard graphics solution.

But the issue is that with that rig you are going to have to find your own solution to slider levels that match your visual requirements to what the hardware can deliver. We cannot do this for you.

+1! on the slider comment. This is an issue everyone fights! We all have different hardware and different expectations.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived