After installing Windows 10 my FSX freezes after a few minutes.

Bjerre

I have on my computer Microsoft Flight Sim. X. I have had no problems with my simulator until I had to update my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I use 4 monitors, and it is a great toy. After installing Windows 10 on my Computer, I can only run my simulator for a few minutes, then a pop up appears saying.”Microsoft Flight. Sim. has stopped functioning” and then the monitors just freeze. Can anybody please help me make my best toy functional again. I have fought this problem for months. Didn´t know where to find the answer, I hope my membership on this page will solve my problem

Sincerely Niels Ostergaard Denmark.

You need to check your computer's Events Log to see what errors are being gererated.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Or you could revert back to Windows 7. More than a few FSX and P3D flyers have reported they weren't nearly as happy with their sim using Windows 10 versus Windows 7.

Me, I used the don't update software available free online to keep my update from Windows 7 to 10 from happening without my consent. So far it's worked great!!;);):cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived