Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saitek Multi Panel Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hurst View Post
    FSUIPC does not natively recognise the Saitek Multi Panel as a HID, so you can't program its buttons like you can program the buttons of a joystick. To use FSUIPC with the Multi Panel you need to install SPAD and configure FSUIPC virtual buttons, or install LINDA and program the buttons that way.
    For custom programmed instructions possibly you are correct. I haven't tried to do that.

However I've used Multi-panel with FSUIPC for all the functions listed on the face of the device for at least a year & they work fine. And that does include Pitch Trim, APR, etc.

2. Default

FSUIPC does not natively recognise the Saitek Multi Panel as a HID, so you can't program its buttons like you can program the buttons of a joystick. To use FSUIPC with the Multi Panel you need to install SPAD and configure FSUIPC virtual buttons, or install LINDA and program the buttons that way.
    Hey Mark, I'm kind of new to all of the drivers and SPAD thingy. Maybe you can help me understand it better? So I downloaded the free version on SPAD (v0.5.1) and I installed it. Now, when I open the program I can see the multi panel there. I edited some of the settings but it says FSUIPC Status: Disconnected. What does FSUIPC does? Do I need it to get my panel working on FSX:SE ?

Thanks,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Whizzo View Post
    What does FSUIPC does? Do I need it to get my panel working on FSX:SE ?
    Yes, I think you need FSUIPC. It is a utility that allows addons to interface with FSX. There is a free version and a paid-for version. I think you can get basic SPAD functionality with the free version.
    MarkH

4. Default

Yes, I think you need FSUIPC. It is a utility that allows addons to interface with FSX. There is a free version and a paid-for version. I think you can get basic SPAD functionality with the free version.
    Everything is working perfectly now! Thanks Mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2