Difference in flight models of FS9 aircraft imported into FSX

BlueSox14

Hi all,

For reasons of nostalgia I've imported the FS9 historic aircraft into FSX.

I understand that there are differences in either/both of the aircraft.cfg and .AIR files which cause the aircraft to 'fly' differently in FSX than they do in FS9.

To my untrained eye, they do seem to 'fly' wonky in FSX.

I tried searching for 'tweaked' or FSX versions of these files with no luck.

Has someone attempted to do this at all? If so, could someone point me to those files or helpful threads?

Ta!

Trent

Long time ago, my FS2004 days, but IIRC the FSX flight model utilises fewer sections than the 2004 version, so the ONLY way to get the older models to fly like the newer is to update the FDE and aircraft .cfg to accommodate all the changes that the `diminished` FSX .air file now obviates...

in other words, no one has done it because it simply isn't worthwhile unless as part of a major update.

Resign yourself to the fact that nostalgia ain't what it used to be...:pilot:

Hi Keith,

My apologies, I should have been a little more specific.

I was referring to the Microsoft default historic aircraft in FS2004, namely the Wright Flyer, Vickers Vimy, Ford Tri-Motor, Spirit of St Louis, Lockheed Vega, deHavilland Comet and Curtiss Jenny.

I suspected that no-one has done this work, these aircraft were never really too popular even in FS2004. I wonder if anyone might be able to point me to good quality freeware models I can use in their place?

Thanks everyone,

Trent

Hi Keith,

My apologies, I should have been a little more specific.

I was referring to the Microsoft default historic aircraft in FS2004, namely the Wright Flyer, Vickers Vimy, Ford Tri-Motor, Spirit of St Louis, Lockheed Vega, deHavilland Comet and Curtiss Jenny.

I suspected that no-one has done this work, these aircraft were never really too popular even in FS2004. I wonder if anyone might be able to point me to good quality freeware models I can use in their place?

Thanks everyone,

Trent

wrightflyerup.zip Updated for FSX with better flight dynamics.

vickers_vimy.zip Updated for FSX.

fotri_12.zip Ford Tri-motor updeated for FSX with better flight dynamics.

spirit1.zip Spirit of St. Louis updated for FSX.

pv1fsx.zip Updated Vega for FSX.

comet_v20x.zip De Havilland Comet for FSX.

jenny11.zip Updated Jenny for FSX.

Caution: be wary of the auto installers with any David Grindele downloads. They sometimes include unnecessary junk with the aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived