Hi,

I'm not a trained pilot or anything, I just play FSX for fun. I mostly fly jetliners on the game.

I can get it in the air, keep it flying safely etc but my only problem is my landings. I can line the aircraft up with the run way and touch it down, but then the aircraft topples forward over the landing gear and crashes into the ground. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Cheers

I have to ask, have you practiced jet flying in FSX Tutorial 8. Perhaps some practice at landing at safe speed, flaring and flap control is needed. I assume you already have a joystick.

Tutorial 8.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

You're probably going way too fasty and trying to put the aircraft on the ground, forcing it into the ground with the controls. That's a recipe for disaster, if that's what you're doing. You need to slow down and, when you're within a very few feet of the ground, hold it off (with power at idle) until it touches down. If that takes most or all of the runway, you're going way too fast. And that holding it off needs to be gentle, because too abruptly will send you back into the air.

I'd suggest that you take the FS lessons, but though you could do as inky says, it'd be better, long term, if you start from lesson one using the Cessna, and actually learn how to properly fly, moving up to larger aircraft as you gain proficiency.

Still, it's your call how you want to use the sim.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The average approach speed for jets is 130-150 knots. Bring the aircraft in at that speed, use flaps ands slowly ease the main gear to the ground first. You want to practically stall the airplane over the runway.

Also, don't worry if you float over the runway for a bit. By starting out, this will definitely happen and it's fine. You will hit your speeds and eliminate the float as you keep practicing.

Archived