Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for Downloads

Default Feedback for Downloads

Hi chaps,

I've received quite a few posts of late from developers concerned by the lack of feedback given to their uploads.

As much as they enjoy creating these add-ons for you, they would really appreciate some user feedback. This type of communication is vital (good or bad) as it helps the developer improve on their work.

As members of FlightSim.com, it's up to YOU to 'give back' to the community. Simply downloading files and not giving any feedback is not...participating.

The upshot of this, is that if things continue as they are, then I fear that new uploads will become less frequent.

So chaps...if you enjoy a file, if you think it could be improved, if you think there's an issue with it, or you just want to say thank you...let the author know in the comment box under the file.

Let's get that comment section used

Many thanks

Dom

Many talented freeware developers have also left the hobby after getting too many:

"XYZ sucks."
    "The screws on the tails are 3 mm too large."
    "The fuel tank holds one less kg of fuel than it should."
    "Why can't you put my registration number on every plane?"

Be careful in what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    Many talented freeware developers have also left the hobby after getting too many:

"XYZ sucks."

Jim...most of the developers we have interviewed have requested community feedback. Going by that, plus the numerous emails the team have received, I'd say that community feedback is very much warranted.

Cheers

Dom

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post

"XYZ sucks."

I agree with you. However we can more than overcome that issue with good feedback! I'm sure it's a pain to put a ton of time into a piece of freeware and never hear people cared about it!!

Unhappy my feed back

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I agree with you. However we can more than overcome that issue with good feedback! I'm sure it's a pain to put a ton of time into a piece of freeware and never hear people cared about it!!
    I agree and I forget and that's my bad. I was under the impression that freeware was being killed by certain people who seem to want to control everything to their own ends it seems. I am finding that it gets harder and harder to get FS9 to run the way I want it to. also the same for FSX. It is getting harder to retain my interest in flightsiming. John

It's like doing a big favor for someone and not getting a Thank You in return. Flightsim.com Rocks, as do all the developers who give their own time and knowledge unselfishly. Without each individual adding what he/she does, we as the flight sim community would never know the enjoyment that this hobby truly brings us. Thank You all for all your very hard work so that people like myself can truly enjoy this hobby.

anyone familiar with freeware cessna citation x working fmc, honeywell bendix, followed
    bendix directions, so far it will control speed of aircraft as far as i can tell that is all it will do? how to solve issue?

8. Default

Hi All. Duly noted. Never saw the "add comment" button. Started adding comments today...

Apart from leaving comments in the downloads comments boxes, we could also make a donation to the freeware creator if he tells us in the Readme how to donate, such as by Paypal or whatever.

This feedback problem is as old as the hills and is still hiding in the valleys. I made a very visble mistake in a recent FS9 post (that did not show up in my own installation) and 134 of the downloaders in the first 4 days did not tell me; happily the 135th did. Eight years ago another designer had an error in the AI of a post, and in that time none of the over 7,000 downloaders told him the AI just didn't work. When I told him he presumed that I had just misinstalled it, and his flabber was gasted when he found the error. The users just don't listen to the pleas for audience participation. Or maybe they can't read.
    Last edited by Nels_Anderson; 02-14-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast