Clouds & sky flipping dark-light-dark-light....

martinstebbing

This is not a new problem and I kind of just ignore it - or try to, but it is pretty annoying and I wonder if there's anything that can be done to prevent it.

I have Active Sky 6.5/ActiveSky graphics, GE Pro, Flight Environment and REX Overdrive & REX Soft Clouds.. to be honest, I am not really sure which of these is supplying the cloud textures now in my setup (though presumably not GE Pro!)...

My AS6 is set up like this:

AS6.5.jpg

I'd be grateful for some help to fix this (and to 'rationalise' a bit the programmes I have installed!), the image can flip between dark and light skies every few seconds, so it's pretty distracting.. and probably more pronounced than you can see in the screenshots.

Cloud2.jpg

Cloud1.jpg

Doesn't seem to happen if I close AS6 and use FS9 weather schemes..

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin. I think you have to many conflicting programs for your sky. I would try closing down flight Environment and possibly Rex soft clouds. Not familiar with that one. Then see if the problem goes away. Also if you can get ASE instead of 6.5 that would be a benefit. Regards
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Thanks. I didn't really want to get rid of AS6.5 - I spend so much money on FS one way or another already! I am not sure that ASE would do any better in this regard.. AS6.5 was (is!) a fine product in its own right of course.

I don't think the conflicting programmes are the issue to be honest, because they just install cloud bitmap textures: once FS9 starts, the textures should be fixed.

Here is another example - the light/dark flip back and forward every 10-15 seconds on average:

Light.jpg

Dark.jpg

I am just trying out stuff by trial and error at the moment... it does seem that I don't have the issue if I close down AS6 (but not 100% sure of that).

Archived