FSX: SE Stock DC-3 is loading gauges deleted from panel.cfg

Hi there.

I'm trying to add the following to my otherwise stock DC-3 panel.cfg in place of the original GPS_295 window:

[Window02]

Background_color=0,0,0

position=8

size_mm=300,350

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0, 75,300,275

gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 125, 0,175, 75

gauge02=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 108, 41, 17, 17

gauge03=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 108, 58, 17, 17

The issue I'm having is that, after successfully saving the file and loading the aircraft, the original GPS_295 gauge still displays despite having been deleted, overwritten, and saved in the panel.cfg file. My new/modified window with gauges does not display at all even after trying different window positions. Its as if the game is loading the panel from a different file altogether.

To be clear, the panel.cfg I have modified and saved is from the path:

Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > FSX > SimObjects > Airplanes > Douglas_DC3 > panel

I have added this window and it's corresponding gauges successfully to the otherwise stock AirCreation Trike which is why this has me stumped. Is there something I should be doing different? Something I've overlooked?

I'm a lazy simmer and need my EZ-Mode autopilot to function!

Unless this is new to SE, I don't understand. I don't have that folder (...\FSX\DLC...) at all. When I add a texture, I do it exactly as I always have. Go to Simobjects\Airplanes or Rotorcraft or Ships and add it to that airplane's folder, change it's aircraft.cfg to add the new texture, and away I go.

Same for Panels, Sounds, whatever. I have several planes with multiple different panels, but still no DLC folder.

Am I missing something here? Should I add it, like the Modules folder? Just wondering...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Unless this is new to SE, I don't understand. I don't have that folder (...\FSX\DLC...)

Apparently this is something new and not all of us have that folder.

FTR, that folder is for DownLoadable Content (payware addons purchased thru the Steam store) and why the default stuff is in there is a bit of a mystery.

Should I add it, like the Modules folder?

I would say, no, there is no reason to add it, only be aware of it if you start having problems adding textures and the like.

I am curious why you feel you need to add a modules folder?

That was a default folder in FS9, not in FSX. Some addons (FSUIPC) store files in that folder and will typically add it when you run the installer. FSX is only aware of that folder if it is called out in the DLL.XML file.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I am curious why you feel you need to add a modules folder?

Because when I installed FSUIPC in FSX-SE, when they both first came out (the new FSUIPC for SE in particular), it required the folder to be created. Only reason. In fact, that's all that's in it atm.

Since the chances of me buying add-ons in general, and from Steam in particular, is vanishingly small, I doubt I will be seeing that DLC folder any time soon :)

Thank you for the answer, though, Mr. Bean, that cleared it up nicely for me.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Because when I installed FSUIPC in FSX-SE, when they both first came out (the new FSUIPC for SE in particular), it required the folder to be created.

It sounds like you just downloaded the new .DLL without first installing the full FSUIPC package.

Had you done that the installer creates that folder and adds a bunch of stuff to it that can make for some interesting reading. :cool:

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I don't trust auto-installers. I never permit them into ANY place other than a temp folder. Thus, I had to add the Modules folder, then copy the files into it. And yes, I have the documentation. Installed and read :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived