VSKYLABS Hang Glider Trike from water to land testings

Hi!

New video showing some testings with the new S-1-FG Trike, going in and out of the water in different "approach" angels/aspects.

Stability was tricky to achieve because in X-Plane, sometimes, there is an "invisible" ~1 foot step when rolling out from the land to the water and vice versa...

Ah, it would seem that water handling in XP10 could use some improvement.

Great vid!

BTW, I have a feeling that you are enjoying yourself a little bit too much :D I particularly like the life belt. A man has to be prepared ! :)

Hi!

Water handling is good, I guess...thing is that there isn't a "mixed-terrain" medium, in which the landing gears are moving on the hard surface, and at the same time, the water-level/medium is having effect. So there isn't any gradual land-to-water ability...so you are "falling" a bit when going to the water, and bumping a bit when going out.

Yes I'm having fun! these kind of trikes are like land-rovers...I should model a coffee-kit and a folding hiking-chair. There are two paddles attached with hard-foam holders on the sides. You know...having an engine cut too far from the edge of the lake...need to paddle your way...save a call to the search and rescue teams ;)

Archived