FSX Freeze possible solution

JPSchin

Hello everyone,

first of all, i have tested all previous sugestion in the past and it seems like we are looking at the wrong source.

UIAutomationcore did no difference.

Jesus cfg tweak .. nothing also

Sliders adjustment .. small changes but still freezing.

I have tried all that stuff in the internet and still freezing.

The source of the problem comes partially from scenery addons and other AI-Traffic addons.

Uninstalling addons is not the solution.

Here is the core problem, the " .air " file of your aircraft! This is the file that supposedly simulates the real aircraft with thousands of parameters and different kinds of coordinates in it. FSX seems to have a problem with certain .air files. The more complex they become, the higher the risk of FSX crashing/freezing.

Do not get rid of it, it is essential for your plane to spawn. I have tested different aircrafts some airplanes fly longer than the other before FSX freezes. You have to test which plane does not seem to crash FSX or which plane keeps on flying and flying without crashing fsx. I suggest using the .air file from Thomas Ruth A340-600 but there might be a better one.

I do not know what these parameters do in the .air files. The planes behaviors do not change, only FSX lasts longer.

Copy and rename the .air files to your airplane then try to fly.

CAUTION: Make backups!

This solution is not 100% guarteed. It works on my computer thou.

FSX Programmer

There is a PDF by a gentleman name Yves Guillaume that explains what every entry in the .air file does for the aircraft, in FS9 and FSX both. They are both very equivalent when it comes to the .air file, although a number of the entries aren't used by FSX, and ignored by the program.

NOWHERE does it say anything at all about the .air file crashing FSX. I suppose it's possible, as the interaction between the .mdl file, aircraft.cfg file and the .air file, along with the texture files, sound files and all the rest can be extremely complex, but as to the .air file causing FSX to freeze, I am quite skeptical. Possibly an .air file written for FS9 can cause problems with the way an aircraft operates, but even then...

More likely a file called by the panel.cfg, a sound file, maybe even a texture or group of same, but as to the .air file, I have my doubts.

If the aircraft loads at all, the .air file is probably not the cause of the sim freezing.

But hey, I learn something new every day, and I am very frequently mistaken. Maybe I am again...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived