Round engines over Tokelau (FSX)

Tokelau: 3 beautiful atols (Atafu, Nukunomu and Fakaofo), situated North of the Samoa Islands. In real life there are no airfields, the author of this freeware FSX scenery added a strip on every atol. He also added one of the Swain Islands, Olosenga. Another set of tropcal islands in my sim, I really like the bright colors of the Coral beaches and the different blue colors of the lagunes. I took a Grumman Albatross to discover Nukunomu:

FSX Acceleration

Freeware Tokelau scenery by Diaphenous

Freeware Grumman HU-16 Albatross

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

(Click on the pics to enlarge)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

*****The heroic water landing in the reply

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that makes sense! Hatch open out in the middle of the bay in shot 10. It must mean the crew decided to abandon ship before further water taxi or GOD FORBID, ANOTHER PEERHOVEN TAKEOFF AND LANDING!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:!!
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I enjoyed both of your round engine planes Jan. Just curious I looked up Grumman HU-16 Albatross in FS9 & FSX, I found the planes but did not see your paint scheme in either flt sims. Was wondering where is this in FS9? Kenny

I enjoyed both of your round engine planes Jan. Just curious I looked up Grumman HU-16 Albatross in FS9 & FSX, I found the planes but did not see your paint scheme in either flt sims. Was wondering where is this in FS9? Kenny

uf1911.zip This one looks pretty close, Kenny!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Jan,

Spectacular set - that sunset is over the top (I can hear the theme song for Miami Vice playing in the background) - and all freeware ? Unbelievable... Nice...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

You didn't sink it, sweet! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Larry, David, Adam, Klee and Michael: your comments are much appreciated my friends, THANKS!!

Zippy: Thanks for telling Bianca, I have to sleep in the chicken yard till Christmas! :mad:

Klee: A von Peerhoven only teaches!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About this livery:

The original is the HU-16 for FS2004 by Greg Pepper and Michael Verlin. Danny Garnier updated this package for FSX. The AP and the light switches didn't work in Acceleration, so I use another Albatross panel. I think I downloaded this package from SOH. :)

There's also a great "short winged" Albatross available. :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived