Problem with installing liveries for the PA and TDS aircraft!

Hey guys,

This is my very first post here. I'm not exactly new to flight sim, from my younger days I've been on and off. I started in 2001 with FS98, then progressed to FS2002, then FS2004 and noe FSX:SE. I'm not a pro due to my interets going back and forth, however this time it seems it's staying. I got back into FSX:SE simply because I heard about companies like Project Airbus and Tenkuu Developer Studios. Boeing so far seems to be my favorite followed by Bombardier and Airbus. So obviously my first reaction was to get the TDS 737Max series and Airbus A320 series.

I've installed the 737 Max8 and 737 Max9 without any issue, I've even added numerous liveries for each. I've installed the TDS 737-800 and 737-900 too. But this is where my problems begin...The TDS 737-800 and 737-900 obviously come with many variants. The installation instructions for those liveries are identical the the 737Max ones, however even when I follow the same process I don't have any working repaints. The instructions basically say copy the texture folder into the respective 737 variant folder (yes I cross-checked if the variant is correct) I then followed the instructions and modified the aircraft config replacing the X with the next number. But it still did not work. I have since deteled the TDS 737-8/900 from FSX. If I recall correctly the only only aircraft config folder was basically a common one so I added the changes there. Each variant of the 737-8/900 didn't have it's own aircraft.cfg file.

Similarly I've had the same issues with the Project Airbus A320. I installed the base pack and the instructions basically say once you install the base pack add the liveries to their corresponding variants (again I've cross-checked). Here too you're given a cfg to modify in the aircraft cfg file. Because Project Airbus comes with no liveries I had no idea where to add it. I opened the aircraft config file and I've tried adding it with the requested changes. But nothing happens. Is there a specific part in the cfg file where the changes have to be added? I've added it right on top, I've seen the TDS 737Max have this config above a "general text" so I added it above that, I've also added it at the end. I've got no idea if the part where I've added it will affect it.

So please do help me, the only PA A320s that work are ones with a base pack so I have 3 of them. But I'd really like to use other repaints. Will be most grateful if anyone can help.

Regards,

Jeremiah.

PS: Sorry I posted in 2 places because I have no idea where to post.

Posting here is fine.

Looks like you are having several issues with several planes.

I think it best if we simplify things a bit and focus on one plane at a time.

The planes you list are popular and have many addons, not all of which are put together well.

Give us the zip file name of one base model and one livery you are trying to add to it so we can make sure you are working with good material to begin with.

One comment about aircraft.cfg files.

Each aircraft folder needs one and addon liveries usually do not include the complete file, only the [fltsim.nn] section.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Posting here is fine.

Looks like you are having several issues with several planes.

I think it best if we simplify things a bit and focus on one plane at a time.

The planes you list are popular and have many addons, not all of which are put together well.

Give us the zip file name of one base model and one livery you are trying to add to it so we can make sure you are working with good material to begin with.

One comment about aircraft.cfg files.

Each aircraft folder needs one and addon liveries usually do not include the complete file, only the [fltsim.nn] section.

peace,

the Bean

Hey,

Thanks, I shall send you links to the base files and a couple of addons. Though since you raise the point about each aircraft having a aircraft.cfg files I shall try that out. Just one doubt, when you say each aircraft needs to have one do you mean every individual repaint or every variant? Because (talking in terms of PA A320s here) each PA A320 i.e. the A320-111, A320-214 and A320-232 each have a aircraft.cfg file in their specific folder and that's what I modified as per instructions. So is that what you meant by each aircraft needs one? Or did you mean each repaint??

See this is what I was referring to...an example of the PROJECT AIRBUS A320-214 folder.

Untitled.jpg

Cheers!

I just looked at those downloads. The first one is a folder of just models and some info to change views.

The second download is a repaint with some sort of auto repaint installer??

The third download is a complete and "ready to fly" aircraft with Etihad livery.

TDS repaints can be very tricky to use once installed "assumed correctly". Some of the re-painters, for unknown reasons, overly lengthened the title= line past the 127 character limit. Or they misspelled the texture= line for the new livery. This causes the no-show in the Sim. These have to be addressed on a one-by-one basis, like Bean suggested.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived