FS 2000 & Windows 10

StrayCat79

• 2 months later...

Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode and as an administrator.

Locate the FS2000.exe file, right click on it and select properties from the menu list. On the properties window click on the Compatibility tab. In the Compatibility mode section place a tick in the box next to the Run this program in compatibility mode for statement and then use the drop down menu below it to select a different windows version - I suggest trying Win XP (SP3) mode first, if that resolves the issue great, if not try one of the others.

Under the Settings section place a tick in the box next to the Run this program as an administrator statement. Click on the Apply button to accept the changes and then test.

It should also be possible to make these changes via the FS2000 desktop shortcut if present.

Regards

Brian

• 1 month later...

I was trying to get FS2000 Pro Edition to run in Windows 7. I installed on my D:\ drive. I tried everything I could think of including the compatibility settings you guys suggested. NOTHING worked so I just uninstalled it.

Anybody got it working on Win 7 I'd like to know how.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I had the same problem trying to run Flight Sim 98 properly, in Windows 7 64 bit it wouldn't. So what i had to do in the end, is use either Windows Virtual PC, or VMware Workstation and run an older Version of Windows in my case Windows 98, through VMware Workstation, and install Flight Sim 98 on it, Now I can play FS98 properly perhaps you could try my method, with FS2000. Here are some links you guys may find helpful, please let me know if you need further help :-

https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-nt-2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_Workstation

http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/workstation.html

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/playerpro-evaluation.html

Best Regards

Eddie Winch

• 4 months later...
Hi TisTori, Can I message you in the next few days ? I am busy at the moment. And also I need to, go back over how I did it. What your refering to. As I havn't used the VMware program since before Christmas. And can't remember exactly how I did it. Regards Eddie Winch

But in the basic sense. I think I had to install Windows 98, onto the VMware Program. And then Flight Sim 98 onto that, and run it in Windows 98.

So you will have to do the same, with Windows 2000 and Flight Sim 2000. I will message you in the next few days about this. When I have gone over exactly how I did it. Eddie

• 5 months later...
But in the basic sense. I think I had to install Windows 98, onto the VMware Program. And then Flight Sim 98 onto that, and run it in Windows 98.

So you will have to do the same, with Windows 2000 and Flight Sim 2000. I will message you in the next few days about this. When I have gone over exactly how I did it. Eddie

I used the following steps to get FS2000 installed and running on Windows 10 without requiring a VM.

1. Ran the FS2000 setup program as administrator in compatability mode for Windows 98

2. During install ran custom install to disk root directory - i.e. C:\FS2000

3. Installed complete (including all of scenery cd disk 2).

4. Copied into c:\FS2000 the no-cd version of FS2000.exe

5. Right clicked c:\FS2000\FS2000.exe and set to run as administrator in compatability for Windows 98.

Running beautifully from desktop shortcut together with added-in aircraft.

Archived