How remove the yoke from view in the virtual cockpit

maxtac

I need to remove in FS2004 or FSX at a comand or with a switch, from view the joke in the Virtual cockpit to let see the full pilot panel.

I've found an xml script but do not work for me.

Anyone can help me?

Maxtac.

Is this an airplane you are creating or are you attempting to modify an existing one?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

It is a Bombardier CL415 a completely new model I'm designing now. It's almost ready to be released but testers said that it is better to remove the yoke because partially hide the view of some gauges in the panel.

I used the following scripts by Bill Leaming which I find at freeflightdesign.org some times ago.

But seems that somethings doesn't works as foreseen or I made errors.

When I load the model in fs9 or in FSX the yoke is already hided and if I click on the part named hide_pilots_yoke nothing happens.

The first script is for the object to which the "mouse click" is assigned. i made a part that will be always in sight on the panel.

The second script if for the yoke object itself and all is linked parts which will hide/show the object.

hide_pilots_yoke

Hand

Hide Pilot's Yoke

(L:YokePilot,bool) ! (>L:YokePilot,bool)

yoke_pilot

(L:YokePilot,bool)

Tom, that is indeed the original FS9 script for the makemdl_parts_xml file.

This is the same script for FSX/P3D schema and the modeldef.xml file. Note that the script is no longer separated into two separate sections, because the same section may be used for the Visibility and Mouse control.

The (L:Hideyoke,bool) variable will always initialize to zero, so 0 x 100 = 0 frame, and 1 * 100 = 100 frame. This scheme requires animating the yoke(s) such that at frame 100 they are hidden behind the main panel, under the seat(s) or somewhere else not seen.

Instead of animation however, a simple condition could be used instead of he condition. :cool:

Hide_yoke

(L:Hideyoke,bool) 100 *

Hand
Hide yoke

(L:Hideyoke,bool) ! (>L:Hideyoke,bool)

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

• 2 years later...
Tom, that is indeed the original FS9 script for the makemdl_parts_xml file.

This is the same script for FSX/P3D schema and the modeldef.xml file. Note that the script is no longer separated into two separate sections, because the same section may be used for the Visibility and Mouse control.

The (L:Hideyoke,bool) variable will always initialize to zero, so 0 x 100 = 0 frame, and 1 * 100 = 100 frame. This scheme requires animating the yoke(s) such that at frame 100 they are hidden behind the main panel, under the seat(s) or somewhere else not seen.

Instead of animation however, a simple condition could be used instead of he condition. :cool:

Hide_yoke

(L:Hideyoke,bool) 100 *

Hand
Hide yoke

(L:Hideyoke,bool) ! (>L:Hideyoke,bool)

Sorry to bring up an old post, however the visibility fix is just the answer.

Within FSX-SE, I have Found 5 modeldef.xml files at FSX/SDK/Modeling SDK/3DSM7 etc/plugins, all of which appear identical.

So, how/where do I add the above script? Thank you for your help!

Sorry to bring up an old post, however the visibility fix is just the answer.

Within FSX-SE, I have Found 5 modeldef.xml files at FSX/SDK/Modeling SDK/3DSM7 etc/plugins, all of which appear identical.

So, how/where do I add the above script? Thank you for your help!

Use whichever one that is in the same folder structure as the plugin you are using.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived