Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Addon Scenery

Default Addon Scenery

Hi,I lost all my Addon scenery in Fs 9, the sceneries show up in the scenery library and are all check marked, also in the Addon folder in Fs 9, they are all there but they don't show up in the program.
    Thanks for any help
    Walter

Did you checked scenery.cfg file? Are all entries there?

Can't find them in the cfg file, the trouble started when I upgraded to windows7

Try going to the scenery library, deactivate the sceneries, reboot, reactivat them, reboot, then they should be there. This keeps everything in your existing scenery library listing.

Plan B is to delete them from the scenery library, reboot, add them in, reboot.

Best of luck,
    Robin
    P.S. you went from XP to Windows 7?

And don't forget that in System 7 and later when you use Add Area to add a new scenery layer, after clicking OK you have to click in the white area of the box remaining on the screen for the box to clear and the scenery area to be added.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Get the following freeware tool Scenery Config Editor (found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/).

Its a great tool that works for both FS2004 and FSX and can help you identify problem areas. Take time to read the included readme file as it gives some great tips. It also allows you to activate/disable scenery from outside of the sim - next time you start the sim it automatically updates the sim scenery database. It even has an option to do a 'batch' update of multiple scenery folders located within a single higher folder - i.e. if your scenery setup is based on a series of folders under a root folder - say, for example, something like C:\Addon Scenery\UK airports and C:\Addon Scenery\USA airports. you can use the tool to individually activate the UK or USA folders or you can tell it to activate everything under Addon Scenery. It will read both UK and USA folders and they will be activated as separate folders in the priority list.
    Regards

Brian

Hi Robin, yes I went from Windows XP to Windows 7
    Walter

Ok, any success with your scenery as yet?

zswobbie1
    no success, will try to reinstall some sceneries , have the DVD disk's for most of them thanks, Walter

Walter,

Have you tried the tool I suggested. When your first install it, it reads the scenery.cfg file and creates a list of what it finds there. It will then highlight problem areas.

Another option to try, if you have not done so, is to simply delete (or rename) the current scenery.cfg file. When the sim is started it will create a new one based on what it finds.
    Regards

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast