Textures are blank grey at night KLAX

ital

Hi,

Whenever I start or fly to KLAX at night, many aircrafts, buildings, terminals, etc are blank grey including mine.

I tried several tests to figure out what's causing it and looks to me that there might be certain textures of some aircrafts that are causing other aircrafts textures and the overall flight sim to go blank.

Because after those several tests, I kept my hardware and graphic settings and traffic 100% as they were and added just 2 aircrafts in the airport departing all at the same time, a 772 and a 738, both WOAI and same livery for each plane.

The 1st test was with only these 2 aircrafts and the 2nd test was with all available parking spots at KLAX full of these 2 same aircrafts. I also made both departure times identical to maximize all lights illuminations and nothing was blank.

But when I revert back with all the traffic at 1% to 100% traffic, the textures are blank.

So my question is could there be certain textures of an aircraft(s) that are causing this to happen or fs9 doesn't handle lots of different textures.

In other similar airports at night, there are no problems, only keeps occurring at KLAX. I don't think I'm running out of memory or something due to the results of the 2nd test. My system is win7 home premium, i7-3770 3.4Ghz, 16GB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz, Nvidia GTX 660 2GB.

Any help please greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Good day.

A user had a very similar problem .... grey aircraft at only certain airports. It DID turn out to be bad textures on more than one AI aircraft. Took him quite awhile to sort out which one. Record the time you observe the problem, then check your flight plans at that time for that airport. Process of elimination will find the problem ..... eventually.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A user had a very similar problem .... grey aircraft at only certain airports. It DID turn out to be bad textures on more than one AI aircraft. Took him quite awhile to sort out which one. Record the time you observe the problem, then check your flight plans at that time for that airport. Process of elimination will find the problem ..... eventually.

A different approach.

Save a flight where you see the problem.

Remove half of your traffic files from active scenery folders.

Test.

A) If the problems goes away, add in half of the files you took out and test.

B) If the problem persists, remove half of the remaining files and test.

Do that four times and you have eliminated 94% of your traffic files.

Work smarter, not harder.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

You guys freaking rock, thanks a lot for the informations. Turned out to be an AI MD-11 Delta airlines causing nearby textures to be blanked once that aircraft is within range of the airport. So far, I've tested the same day and time several times and no blanks occurred, did the same for another day and no blanks.

The problem was "AI_md11_L" was in DXT5 format. Using terrain sdk's imagetool, I opened the file and changed its format to DXT3 then saved it. I found out about that aircraft when I set the time to 08:46 PCT KLAX and let it roll to midnight then few minutes later using time acceleration 4x, an MD-11 Delta landed and blanked several textures. I guess I was lucky to find it that fast and happened to be that first plane to land after starting flight.

I remember there was a similar issue with an old Spanair world of AI package in which the sim would crash to desktop regardless of the time and day when an A320 or A321 Spanair would be at Barcelona airport(in my case). The fix was to set the texture file to DXT3 format. Thanks to a member here at flightsim for pointing it out, forgot his name. As for the Delta MD-11, never knew xx_xx_L lights textures can cause such blanks.

Archived