POSKY 747-400 working in P3D?

Rcflyyer1

I recently downloaded a POSKY 747-400 for FS2004 and used it in P3D with absolutely no problems. I wanted to try out the FSX version of the model however so I downloaded the FSX model package and replaced the model folder. The model file name now starts with OSX which seems like it's for FSX.

For some reason, even though it shows up perfectly in the preview box, I get the message saying "visual model could not be displayed". Is there a problem with the FSX version of the POSKY 747-400 in P3D?

Thanks,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
I believe that Project Opensky had a pretty decent forum to which you could pose the issue with them directly, but it appears their full site is no longer around, so I doubt you could find the info you are looking for. I know they were pretty heavy at one point, with developing aircraft for FSX, but not too sure about P3D exclusively or creating their models to be compatible with P3D. Currently, it looks like their models are more about exterior modelling, than VC. It also seems that they originally created their models for FS9, just to give you a time reference.
- James

I just tested a 747-400 (posky744v4_rb211_cathay_pacific_asia_s_world_city.zip), first just installing the FS9 package and then updating to the FSX model and it worked OK. Main difference I noticed was the cockpit windows were opaque using the FS9 .mdl and with the FSX model they are transparent and you can see the pilot/copilot.

Open your model.cfg in Notepad and make sure the filename after normal= matches the filename of the .mdl exactly.

Also there are some XMLs that need to be updated in the panel folder, in my case they were in a "Posky744" subfolder of the main panel folder. I simply deleted both subfolders (Posky744 and Pky_util) and replaced them with the ones that came in the FSX model download. I also replaced the panel.cfg but now I have no 2D panel so more work is needed there yet. Those XMLs control the gear compression and they're apparently different between FS9 and FSX. From what I see in the sim the gear compression looks OK.

Do you also have FSX and was your original intention to get the FSX 747 VC working with the Posky model? Just curious.

Jim

• 2 years later...

Archived