Upgrading my gaming machine

Hi All,

I recently picked up this gaming machine second-hand off eBay and it works well running FSX (much better than anything I have had before). However I am looking to upgrade my Graphics Gard and maybe HDD to allow me to use newer Direct X / Run simulators like Prepard etc.

I have attached what Belvarc Advisors says is in my box of tricks, can you let me know what your thoughts would be..

Thanks all,

Mark.

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 16.30.52.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 16.31.13.jpg

The processor looks good, but I would definately get a decent NVidea GFX card, instead of the ATA. It seems that FSX prefers the NVidea cards to the Radeons. By a long shot.

The HDD's look fine, to me. Aterall, 2 TB is PLENTY of HD space. For now. These simulators seem to grow, and grow, and grow...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

The processor looks good, but I would definately get a decent NVidea GFX card, instead of the ATA. It seems that FSX prefers the NVidea cards to the Radeons. By a long shot.

The HDD's look fine, to me. Aterall, 2 TB is PLENTY of HD space. For now. These simulators seem to grow, and grow, and grow...

Pat☺

Any recommendations that would fit my board?.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived