Thread: Water in French Polynesia

Default Water in French Polynesia

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before but..I can't seem to land in the water around French Polynesia. The ocean often acts like concrete so I have to land with my gear up instead of floats. If I take off from Tahiti or Bora Bora, for instance, I can just taxi right out into the water with my gear up and it's like I'm on concrete. This is not happening in other parts of the world. I tried off Hawaii, California, Mediterranean Sea, etc. and everywhere the water acts as normal. Has this been brought up before? Or am I the only one and I've done something that I can correct? I've tried removing whatever add-ons I have for the area but it's remains the same. Thanks.

Default RE: Water in French Polynesia

I have the same problem and put it down to the addon scenery I have loaded.

Are you using any addon scenery?

Dave.

Well, at least I'm not the only one. I have add-on sceneries for that area but I disabled them to see if that was the problem but it is still there. Strange. And disappointing. Thanks for responding.

Same thing's happening to me as well....
    ~Ryan

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | eVGA GTX570 1280MB | 2x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

I congratulate! Chuck hasn┤t posted but 10 messages and is already declared moderator!
    Way to go, chuck - and best of luck in this job!

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

BEn :-lol :-lol :-lol

[url]https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

We know. No offense to Chuck, but this is probably a forum glitch. AFAIK, Chuck isn't a moderator (check the lobby, no Chuck listed).

Should be resolved soon, me thinks. Once again, nothing personal Chuck! :-)

Coffee, anyone?

Wiley,
    I guess that means that I don't get to have that blue thingy by my name anymore. Darn. And I thought you guys were nice. :)

Uhhh...Chuck, check your original post. You say something about landing with your gear up? On water, you *DO* land with the gear lever in the UP position. The water rudder goes down, but not the gear.

I'm doing it correctly. If you have the gear and rudder up with just floats to land with, when you land in the ocean, sparks and smoke flies like you are landing on concrete. If you have the gear down, you can land on the ocean like it's a runway. Try it. It's wierd. Not just me. I can land in the water anywhere else that I've tried just fine. The thing is, this is one part of the world I would really like to land in the water. With Bill Melichar's add-ons, it's a really neat place to island hop now.