Vans RV's Wanted

aviator75

I have been looking around on the internet for FREEWARE fs2004 Vans side by side seat aircraft. (Vans rv7,10,12 etc.) NOT Tandem. If anybody knows where I can find one or if anybody out there would be interested in creating one it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks A lot!!!

Aviator75, have you tried the aircraft design forum for possibly designing your Vans RV? I have posted scenery redesign here on 2004 forum, suggestions came in for me to go to scenery forum to ask if someone there can do a redesign for LAX as it has been several yrs ago. No one stepped up to do it but it made sense to me. Just a suggestion. Kenny

I have been looking around on the internet for FREEWARE fs2004 Vans side by side seat aircraft. (Vans rv7,10,12 etc.) NOT Tandem. If anybody knows where I can find one or if anybody out there would be interested in creating one it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks A lot!!!

Here's the former payware FFS RV7/7a with 9 liveries: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Vans-RV-7.zip&categoryId=

Supposed to be for FSX but works perfectly in FS9 with no conversion necessary, handles beautifully just as it is!

Edit: A minor edit to the panel.cfg is required: change Modded_SimIcons_1024! to SimIcons1024!

Move the Extra_XML.cab and Modded_SimIcons_1024.cab out of the Panel folder to a backup folder somewhere.

In the aircraft.cfg file, search for and change pitot_heat=0.000000 to pitot_heat=1.000000

In the RV7.air file, toggle line 324 Pitot Heater Available=False(0) to =True(1) and save.

NOW she flies perfectly with fully working gauges too. You might want to swap the sound folder for the default C182 sound though.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the heads up, tiger!

Been looking for an RV-7... it seems to be such a popular airplane with the AirVenture & Sun 'n' Fun crowds!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 9 months later...
Here's the former payware FFS RV7/7a with 9 liveries: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Vans-RV-7.zip&categoryId=

Supposed to be for FSX but works perfectly in FS9 with no conversion necessary, handles beautifully just as it is!

Edit: A minor edit to the panel.cfg is required: change Modded_SimIcons_1024! to SimIcons1024!

Move the Extra_XML.cab and Modded_SimIcons_1024.cab out of the Panel folder to a backup folder somewhere.

In the aircraft.cfg file, search for and change pitot_heat=0.000000 to pitot_heat=1.000000

In the RV7.air file, toggle line 324 Pitot Heater Available=False(0) to =True(1) and save.

NOW she flies perfectly with fully working gauges too. You might want to swap the sound folder for the default C182 sound though.

With these changes, does the VC work properly as well? Its been a while since i checked this site but thank you so much for finding this!

I think so, yes. I'm not at my Flight Sim PC at the moment, it would be quicker for you to download it and see for yourself!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Sorry to bother you AGAIN but I did get the RV7 working. The only problem is that I hate the engine sounds that come with it. It is impossible to differentiate between 60% power and 100% power. Could you please guide me through changing the engine sounds? As you can tell I am not very experienced with this kind of stuff.

Thanks a ton!

Hi,

Sorry to bother you AGAIN but I did get the RV7 working. The only problem is that I hate the engine sounds that come with it. It is impossible to differentiate between 60% power and 100% power. Could you please guide me through changing the engine sounds? As you can tell I am not very experienced with this kind of stuff.

Thanks a ton!

Easiest way to do that is like what tiger suggested. Choose an aircraft that you fly and like the way the engine sounds. Copy that sound folder and paste it into the RV7, overwriting it's sound folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just open the Aircraft/c182 folder, right-click on the sound folder and select Copy.

Next, go to your RV-7 folder, left-click on the sound folder and select Delete.

Now right-click anywhere in the white space below the folder list and select Paste.

You now have the c182 sounds in your RV-7.

Edit: MrZippy beat me to it again! Thanks, Zippy :)

Just open the Aircraft/c182 folder, right-click on the sound folder and select Copy.

Next, go to your RV-7 folder, left-click on the sound folder and select Delete.

Now right-click anywhere in the white space below the folder list and select Paste.

You now have the c182 sounds in your RV-7.

Edit: MrZippy beat me to it again! Thanks, Zippy :)

I tried it today. It worked fine but it is still impossible to differentiate the power setting after 50% throttle. I also found that it also sounds like it is idling very high. Idle in the RV sounds more like what 20-25% throttle sounds like in the 182. Is there any way to fix this and how?

Thanks alot

I tried it today. It worked fine but it is still impossible to differentiate the power setting after 50% throttle. Is there any way to fix this and how?

Thanks alot

Interesting.....so you tried a "Good" sound folder from a known working aircraft? And did you first test the aircraft that you borrowed it from to be sure the engine power up sounds the way you like? Just to be sure....you used the whole "borrowed" sound folder including the sound.cfg? Trying to make sure you didn't just copy over a few engine sound .wav files!

The engine note won't change much until you adjust the prop pitch with the blue knob to the right of the throttle.

The engine note won't change much until you adjust the prop pitch with the blue knob to the right of the throttle.

I also noticed the problem he's describing. I have my prop pitch adjusted max for take off and then I usually adjust it after wheels up. Are you suggesting to lessen the pitch to make it sound better?

I just tested the engine sounds on the default Mooney Bravo. It sounds great so will try it in the RV-7.

UPDATE: the engine sounded good on the Mooney Bravo but not good in the RV-7. Looks like editing in the aircraft,cfg and maybe the .air file. I placed the lower section of the Mooney aircraft.cfg and changed over the Mooney .air file to use in the RV-7 and it sounded good.

What a PIA! It's not a sound issue but an engine performance issue with the aircraft.

I also noticed the problem he's describing. I have my prop pitch adjusted max for take off and then I usually adjust it after wheels up. Are you suggesting to lessen the pitch to make it sound better?

I just tested the engine sounds on the default Mooney Bravo. It sounds great so will try it in the RV-7.

UPDATE: the engine sounded good on the Mooney Bravo but not good in the RV-7. Looks like editing in the aircraft,cfg and maybe the .air file. I placed the lower section of the Mooney aircraft.cfg and changed over the Mooney .air file to use in the RV-7 and it sounded good.

What a PIA! It's not a sound issue but an engine performance issue with the aircraft.

So you are saying that this requires a change in the aircraft.cfg and the .air file? I am not very good with doing this sort of stuff... could you describe what needs to be done or just send me the fixed files please? Also, by doing this, would you be changing the aircraft's performance?

It really bothers me when I am coming in fast on short final and the plane sounds like I am still giving it power so I would REALLY like to fix this...

Thanks again

So you are saying that this requires a change in the aircraft.cfg and the .air file? I am not very good with doing this sort of stuff... could you describe what needs to be done or just send me the fixed files please? Also, by doing this, would you be changing the aircraft's performance?

It really bothers me when I am coming in fast on short final and the plane sounds like I am still giving it power so I would REALLY like to fix this...

Thanks again

Yes, it will affect performance unless you know what you are doing. I just made some wholesale changes to verify what was needed. It must be something to do with engine performance. This is beyond my scope.

Yes, it will affect performance unless you know what you are doing. I just made some wholesale changes to verify what was needed. It must be something to do with engine performance. This is beyond my scope.

Alright then. Thanks for the quick reply. If you know of or find anyone able to make this fix then please let me know. For now though, I guess I'm going to have to live with the sounds I have.

Thanks A ton!

Archived