FS2004 very crisp ground textures FSX style

I am trying to figure how how to completely get rid of the blurries in FS9 I have tweaked the CFG several times...however, i still get the blurries somewhat....

26048253091_aa1b418a33_b.jpgTRELL-PC-2016-mar-28-023 by HDSimulations Photography, on Flickr

26048256751_2f2b6cf787_b.jpgTRELL-PC-2016-mar-26-034 by HDSimulations Photography, on Flickr

What setting should i tweak within the fs9.cfg to get the crisp texture like FSX?

26048253091_aa1b418a33_b.jpg

Excellent shots! I do not think it's possible to completely get rid of the blurries.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

I have found that some of Mr. Kosta's .CFG file tweaks for FSX work fine in FS9 too. Not ALL of them, mind you, but a lot of them. They are worth trying. I have, and got some good results.

I believe, and this is just a guess from having flown around the area a lot, that the airport in the first picture is MCAS Miramar, in the San Diego, CA. area. But I am often wrong, though.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

These ground texture pics. don't really look all that bad for FS9. There are quite a number of variables that control texture clarity e.g., the power of your computer, the video card, the scenery you use, etc. You can do a search in the library here for "FS9.cfg settings", or "blurries" and you'll get a lot of different suggestions. When you begin to try different settings be sure to back up your original FS9.cfg file, then only change one element at a time to see how it works. Eventually you'll get the best look for your system capabilities. :)

Larry

• 1 month later...
Another thing to remember is you're dealing with 2003 technology. FS2004 is quite dated at nearly 13 years old this year. No matter how good your system specs are, I think you'll always have some sort of blurries as that's just the way the sim is. I never really notice any in mine, but I'm sure there are some, so I'm sure some of it has to do with your PC specs. Bottom line is, I don't think there is a way to completely get rid of all of them.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold. :D

I use fsx.

What removes the blurries for me is nvidia inspector.

In particular when setting:

Antialiassing, transparency Supersampling -- to -- 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Or better yet, 4x

Disadvantage is it brings the fps way down, and can even introduce white/blue flashes while panning the view. (feels as if the videocard is about to burst!)

Still, it makes things look smooth as glass. So I keep using it if possible. Especially on less demanding aircaft that fly at lower speed and are less of a load.

The NickN guide on setting up Nvidia Inspector can be found here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived