Mouse scroll wheel not working properly

For some reason my mouse scroll wheel has become inop while playing flight sim. It is still functional when used with the space bar for zooming in or out, yet it will not do anything with any knobs on any panel, will not toggle any switch, nothing for any panel default, payware or freeware. When I say I didn't change anything, I really didn't change anything. I am using FSX steam on Windows 7 pro 64bit, mouse is a Razer Deathadder with Razer Synapse, I have a Saitek X52 Pro with Mad Catz running that. I read around the web a bit to try to troubleshoot the issue myself with no luck. I have tried the idea that FSUIPC had some role in it but no luck there. Any help would be lovely, thank you.

So you tried FSUIPC under "Miscellaneous" for the mouse scroll wheel? Toggling switches, you mean either left or right click not working? Could it be an eye-point problem zoomed too far back towards the seat for click spots?

Welcome to the forum! First post since 2009?? Amazing! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I had a problem similar to yours. Try this method: Open FSX folder, right click FSX Application, right click Properties, click Compatability, check Disable display scaling on high DPI setting. Apply, OK

Hope this helps.

IntelCore i9 9900 8 Core Socket 1151 (3.6GHz) 12 MB Cache Overclockable. nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

32 GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz C15 Quad Channel Memory Kit (4x8GB). P3Dv5 MS2020 X-Plane11. Windows 10

Borrow a pals mouse and if the problem's gone away you'll know your old mouse was at fault so bin it and buy a new one, they only cost peanuts anyway..:)

It might simply have worn out, for example the wheel is clickable so maybe the wheel is jammed down in the depressed position, click it a few times to see if it frees it up.

Unfortunately I tried changing the DPI setting with no luck. To clarify up a bit, when i place my cursor over say the autopilot altitude knob, I used to be able to scroll using my mouse to set the altitude. My mouse is working fine, I can still zoom in an out using the scroll wheel while holding the space bar.

I'm sorry to hear that changing the DPI setting didn't solve the problem. I know how frustrating this must be for you, as I was unable to fly a Twin Otter until I found out about the DPI. I hope you get some advice to fix it.

Silly question I know, so please forgive me, but you did click Apply, OK after checking box?

IntelCore i9 9900 8 Core Socket 1151 (3.6GHz) 12 MB Cache Overclockable. nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

32 GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz C15 Quad Channel Memory Kit (4x8GB). P3Dv5 MS2020 X-Plane11. Windows 10

The mouse' optical eye is as clean as a whistle. I use a specific hard plastic mousepad from Razer so no fuzz comes off of it. When I do place my mouse cursor over say the heading bug and try to scroll the mouse pointer just flickers on an off as if it is understanding the scroll but not actually performing it.

Have you ever considered that maybe the GAUGES are not 'clickable' and can't be 'tuned' using the mouse wheel? Not all gauges can do that 'on it's own'. It has to be 'built' in by the maker of the gauge. So your wheel is 'ok'? And plastic will build up static so you will have plenty of that and dust that gets attracted. Ever get shocked (or 'bit') when touching your mouse (hehe)? Get a new mouse (and a rubber pad).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I understand not all gauges are clickable, but I've tried multiple a/c with different panels and no results. I use the Razer Deathadder for a mouse and the Razer Firefly as a mouse pad, both are USB powered which should dissipate any sort of static build up.

So I figured through some trial that the scroll function works while the window is out of full screen, everything behaves like it is supposed to, then once the game is sent to full screen again it seems to disable the scroll wheel function.

• 3 years later...
I hate to resurrect this old thread but I've been having this issue for days and have finally found a fix that worked for me. It was so simple, I almost kicked myself. My new instal of FSX wasn't running in Compatibility Mode. Soon as I changed it to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) my mouse wheel started working as normal to zoom and use knobs and switches. I just let the Compatibility Mode wizard do it's thing, and that's the one it picked. I'd reccomend litting your wizard do the same as your setting might be different with your computer.

• 9 months later...