Flight Brake Pedal problem

jandjfrench

Hi,

Now that GFWL is alive once more I've re-installed Flight. Everything seems to be working well with one exception: the rudder pedal brakes. When I last installed Flight I didn't have pedals. I have CH Pro pedals and believe they are properly calibrated. I have no problems with them in FSX and I realize that in the Windows calibration it's necessary to hold both pedals half way down when it says to leave the handle centered and press a button.

When I attempt to brake nothing happens until the pedals are approximately half way down and then it seems I have full braking. As I recall I had to invert the axis also. Here are the values displayed in the Flight Standard.xml:

Flight Brakes.JPG

As there's no calibration procedure within Flight it seems that manual editing would be the only likely fix. It seems likely that someone has solved this before so before going on I'm requesting help.

Jim F.

Quote:''Most of the Games for Windows branded games sold on Steam only support

Xbox360 compatible controllers/gamepads as well as normal keyboard and mouse

setups.''

For all questions regarding Games for Windows Live accounts and game functions,

please contact Xbox Support. http://support.xbox.com/

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No. I 'read' (between the lines) that you are trying to set your toe brakes (pedals) and it (quote) clearly says 'not supported' so you would have to write a program (java, xml) to accomplish this, but Flight might not support those either. In your pic it shows you are trying to change the brake or pedal axis(s)). Are you using the CH profile? Or is Flight 'seeing' your pedals? Even so you just might be stuck with no pedal toe brakes. I am just using common sense. And looked, but did not find, an answer on Google or elsewhere. So you will be plugging/unpluggin pedals and trying other changes to no avail (and oh, don't re-install FSX (ha)). I will be watching this thread to see if I am wrong. Where is Zippy?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hey Chuck,

Where did you read "clearly says 'not supported' ? It sounds like whatever other info is there might be of value. I spent a lot of time searching posts and wasn't able to find what I expected to be a solution to a common problem. And I can't figure out what lines you're reading between. The picture I posted was of the Flight Standard.xml as displayed by Windows XML Notepad 2007 and I just chose the appropriate section using the Windows Snipping tool.

The brakes seem to be working just fine after I copied the equivalent values from the FSX Standard.xml. The only odd thing is that the "AxNull" entry is missing after I checked the operation of the brakes and then rechecked the Standard.xml.

I guess it's obvious now that "Flight" has no problem recognizing the pedals and I'm not using any CH profile (I can guess but I'm not sure what that is).

To sum up; manually editing of the Flight Standard.xml seems to fix the problem although a little tweaking of the values might be desirable.

Jim

Hi Double J,

My pedals seem to be working okay. I still haven't done any fine tuning though. When I copied the values from my FSX Standard.xml (-64 and 15 for each axis) only the AxScale value was there after flying and rechecking; the AxNull entry was gone. If you get a chance could you post what values you have?

Archived