Dino's F-14D Autopilot?

firehawk936

hey guys,

I honestly cant figure this out for the life of me. I cant seem to get the autopilot to simply turn towards a VOR. I put in the correct frequency as i can see the VOR range and bearing on the HUD. not really sure how to turn it to NAV mode other than deselecting "GPS" on the MFD. NAV1 is on in the radio stack panel. How am i supposed to get this thing to work. It is extremely frustrating (i let simple stuff get the best of me). Putting a route in the default gps and having the aircraft follow it on A/P works fine.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me

-Josh

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

option:

create flightplan using the gps

type letters of VOR in gps instead of airport code,

sometimes select correct VOR from list of 2 or three with the same letters,

fly plan as you do normally with gps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried Ctrl + N to engage nav mode?

yeah one of the first thing ive tried, i cant even turn onto a VOR with A/P in the default 737... maybe i need to be retrained XD.

option:

create flightplan using the gps

type letters of VOR in gps instead of airport code,

sometimes select correct VOR from list of 2 or three with the same letters,

fly plan as you do normally with gps.

nah cant do that, i need it to be last minute. dont want to completely exit out of the flight just to make a flight plan to find a vor that a friend wanted me to meet him at. Besides my GPS isnt working either, the map on it wont display, it glitches and goes black. But thats for another thread lol.

17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel® Core i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe that Dino's HUD, UFC etc are based on the default Hornet's systems. And/or the newer one by Mr. Rusev.

Either way, there is an excellent write-up about it IN THIS THREAD over on the FSDT forums. You might want to go take a look at it. It may help you out.

I only hand-fly the planes anyway. Only time I ever use the autopilot is when I want a short break, go potty or something. Even then, only use the altitude hold and wing leveler features, anyway. No time when doing carrier stuff, of course.

Hope that's worth something anyway...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived