Runway lights too big

tk92

Hello all,

I am experiencing trouble with my runway lights, the are too big. I use the following addons and tools:

REX Texture direct

DX10 (with the fixer)

Active Sky Next

A2A Shockwave Redux lights

I searched already for help and I found a thread over here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/runway-lights-too-big-and-opaque_topic44921.html and I read the instructions, tried them of course, but nothing seemed to work.

I adjusted the size of the ligths in the fsx.cfg file, but this didnt make a difference. I uninstalled the Shockwave lights, used another set of REX textures, downloaded an alternate halo.bmp from avsim.com but nothing made a difference. With the shockwave lights I selected the option 'show runway lights during day'.

In these pictures I can show you the problem:

lights1.png

lights2.png

As you can see, all taxiway lights are perfectly normal, only the runway lights are way too large.. These are my settings in .cfg now:

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.5

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.5

Does anyone have a suggestion? Any help is very much appreciatedSmileSmile

Kind regards,

Thomas

I tried some new things: I am able to delete the halo.bmp in FSX, without any warning. After I load FSX, the lights are still the same.. It seems that the lights are independent from halo.bmp but I have really no idea how that is possible.. Could there be another file around where the runway lights are dependent on?

From the REX4 Texture Direct site:

Give ALL default airports in FSX and Prepar3D the payware-style treatment, from light to heavy use runways, taxiways and pavement markings! Highly detailed textures, including runway textured lighting encasements. Originating from HD source photography, runway tire markings are properly scaled within the simulator creating a more realistic viewpoint. Runways with light or heavy wear... your choice, over 32 to choose from, the highest definition textures with the most fidelity on the market.

Could there be an adjustment for these REX Textures?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think I have wideviewaspect=false in fsx.cfg, but I will definetely check it out! The point is, it happens only at some payware airports: FSDT KLAX, JFK, imaginesim KATL 2016, but it is not the case at KORD by FSDT.. This has probably something to do with default lighting and custom ones, but why they are displaying incorrectly I have no idea yet, I asked FSDT already on their forum as well!

I alternated the REX textures but this didnt have effect.. Probably since those airports have custom lights.

Archived