Fsx atc problem please help!

daniel_h_12345

Hey guys.

I am worried that my FS is broken. When I try to fly with the IFR flight plan, the atc tells me to go to 7000 ft, but after I pass around 6000 ft, it tells me to go down to 2600 ft. I am going from Kbuf to Cyyz, and I am not even out on the lake when they tell me to go down to 2600 ft. Is this because I have editvoicepack? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

I just duplicated your flight from KBUF-CYYZ. I set up for full IFR and my cruise altitude was 10,000 feet. Just as I hit 10,000 ATC said to decrease altitude to 3,000 feet. Checking my position on the GPS, I had just come to the edge of the water and it was only 32 miles to the airport. This is proper procedure. I'm flying a twin turbo-prop aircraft and by the time I hit 3,000 feet I was way closer to the airport getting ready for an ILS landing on runway 33L.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I just duplicated your flight from KBUF-CYYZ. I set up for full IFR and my cruise altitude was 10,000 feet. Just as I hit 10,000 ATC said to decrease altitude to 3,000 feet. Checking my position on the GPS, I had just come to the edge of the water and it was only 32 miles to the airport. This is proper procedure. I'm flying a twin turbo-prop aircraft and by the time I hit 3,000 feet I was way closer to the airport getting ready for an ILS landing on runway 33L.

I am flying the Posky 777-200LR Air Canada that I got on simviation. I set the cruising alt to 7000 ft, and before I am above the water, they tell me to go down to 2600 and contact YYZ approach and I am still ~60 miles south. BTW it is direct flight. Set to real time, and fair weather. Start at gates at buf. Thank you

I am flying the Posky 777-200LR Air Canada that I got on simviation. I set the cruising alt to 7000 ft, and before I am above the water, they tell me to go down to 2600 and contact YYZ approach and I am still ~60 miles south. BTW it is direct flight. Set to real time, and fair weather. Start at gates at buf. Thank you

Believe me, on a 98 total mile flight, in a fast jet, no less, this descent is normal for your approach into CYYZ. Keep in mind that ATC doesn't expect you to immediately fall several thousand feet in a few seconds. A VS or -1200 to -1500 feet per minute should do nicely.

AS a test, fly something small and slow Cessna 172 or Baron58 and you will start your descent closer to CYYZ.

I flew the A2A Comanche. The total on the GPS was 59 miles. I flew the flight and everything seemed normal. I think I was About 30 miles out at 7000 and they told me to descend to 3000 which according to the chart for 33L is where you want to be.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

But the other times I start descending when I am somewhere between CYOO, but closer to CYTZ. Is it normal for FSX to do this. BTW I am running FSX Steam

I'm an old real world pilot. I just flew the flight you mentioned IFR in my favorite new hot rod the Honda Jet. I was told to decrease my altitude while approaching the control area. I was also told to expect an ILS approach and pre-dialed in my approach ILS frequency. Near final I hit APR on my Autopilot and the ILS approach put me exactly where I needed to be to click off APR and fly the last of final by hand. That flight was as smooth and correct as any I've ever flown using FSX. Possibly more accurate than many.

I have no idea what your issue is. However, as has been already said, for the safety and comfort of your passengers, you should expect an approach which lowers your altitude at a comfortable level. The people in the back are not professionals! If you spill their drink or scare their baby, they're hugely pissed!

I feel this approach and these altitude changes are hugely well done. But to be honest, I'm using the stock FSX Gold software. If you're using something else, and you did mention you're on Steam, that may be your problem. If so, you may need to approach your provider, Steam, with your concern.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Ok.

Also if I stay at 2600 ft, when I near CYTZ, it will not do the approach, I have the Approach button on. I need to announce missed approach, or else it will keep continueing in that dierection.

Have you been given an ILS approach to the runway at CYTZ? Are you within 35 or so degrees of the runway's heading? Do you hear the proper ILS Morse Code?

OK,

I just flew a real world and time (20:30) IFR flight from Buffalo to Toronto, Winds were 207@18 with visibility

I was given vectors to a 15R ILS approach using freq. 110.95. I followed their instructions and lined up and at the correct time hit APR. The plane flew down to well below field minimums before I cancelled the ILS approach and landed by hand.

My thought was, this is one of the sweetest IFR landing whether RW or Sim I've ever done!! I hugely suggest your procedure or, maybe but I hugely doubt it, your software is the issue! As a former RW pilot, this is better IFR than anything I experienced during my career!!

PRACTICE, PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Okay, I just deleted the IFR file, and made a new one, and It works perfect now. Thank you all for the great help.

Can I interpret that as "You deleted your default flight and created a new one"? Glad it's working for you!

Archived