Nose gear does not turn.

Jim77

All,

I have a problem on a few of my downloaded aircraft. Specifically, I downloaded the Project Opensky FS2004 Dominican Connection Bombardier CRJ-900 this week, and like some others, the nose gear does not turn when taxiing. The aircraft turns fine, but the nose gear points straight ahead (parallel to the aircraft center line). All other functions are normal.

I searched but could not find an answer. Hope this is in the correct forum.

Thanks.

The answer probably lies in the panel folder and centers around missing gauges.

Posky used .XML files to control animations on most, if not all, of their aircraft.

If you are missing those .XML files (gauges) then the animations do not work.

Unfortunately many uploads for Posky aircraft are incomplete.

I would suggest you start by looking for the base files here- http://poskyarchive.com/

Once you get the base files working you can copy over any textures that you currently have.

Generally speaking, in aviation SAR refers to Search And Rescue.

In the Posky world it means Some Assembly Required.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

dc_crj-900_fs9.zip I think this is the download in the File Library. I just tried it again and this time used my rudder controls I have programmed on my joystick, Nosegear does, in fact, turn. It doesn't turn if I tilt my joystick. It does the nosegear slide turn. This is because I use autorudder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 3 months later...

Reviving an old thread here.

mrzippy - Yes, sure enough I tried my number pad keys and the nose wheel steered as normal. Not very efficient but it does work. Is there a way to tie the number pad keys I need (Yaw Left = Num Pad 0, Yaw Right = Num Pad ENTER) to my joystick so the nose wheel steers when I move the stick left and right like other aircraft?

Also, the POSKY archive site is down. Any information on this?

Thanks for the help.

No. Nose gear steering should be linked to the rudder pedals as they are in most real aircraft. This is why using the "rudder" to steer works, since the rudder is of course controlled by the rudder pedals! :cool:

Larger aircraft sometimes have a "tiller control" which is used to steer during taxi.

Older FS models were frequently tied to the aileron controls, which is why one can "steer" using the yoke or joystick. This is totally unrealistic.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Jim, I don't have the aircraft to test. But do you mean your joystick does not have rudder control? Mine does (Logitech Xtreme3D). I can twist the stick for rudder control, or lean the stick left-right for aeleron control.

There are many sticks with a twist control.

May be worth investing in a new stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

It appears they chose to use the rudder as the nose wheel animation trigger, instead of the custom one that MS gave us. That one allows BOTH the rudder pedals and the yoke to turn the wheel, giving you a choice. I find using the yoke (ailerons) to turn the plane when the real one has a tiller to be more "accurate" than forcing you to use the rudder pedals.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

il88pp,

Yes, I have an older Logitech "ATTACK 3" with stick for pitch and roll, no rudder pedals. I may be upgrading to a better/newer joystick and a twist grip may be a consideration. It's not a big issue as time spent on the ground taxiing is minimal, I'm just tweaking some aircraft textures and config files, and couldn't figure out what was causing this nose wheel issue. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

Archived