PC Helicopters reviewed

itye1970

Interesting & thanks for posting this. However I stopped watching after the 3rd plane. Flying & even landing a chopper isn't all that different than a fixed wing with forward airspeed. In fact the faster the airspeed the more exactly a chopper simulates a fixed wing.

I didn't see a hover or side hover comparison in the 1st 15 minutes or so. Is there a test of hover capabilities later in the clip?

One of our big training practice procedures was "flying the box" or "flying the square." Pick up into a hover, fly sideways till you get to a corner of the box, hover and turn the tail 90*, then fly sideways to the next corner, etc. Of course you do this going left and right around the box. That or a similar comparison will show you how a chopper actually was designed to fly.

If they don't compare hovering, is there a hover comparison of sim planes anyone is aware of?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

is there a hover comparison of sim planes anyone is aware of?

Not that I'm aware of, but you might check the forums over at Hovercontrol. They have a ton of info about PC Sim choppers of all flavors.

If you register, like here, you could post that as a question for htem in the forums. They can be a tad slow to answer at times, but they will eventually!

Just a thought...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived