My FSX is nearly perfect---except for one graphic issue

CptSquared

Hi guys!

I'm new here but by no means a new Flight-Sim'er. Big time commercial/large jet enthusiast, but no professional at all. But I seek all of you for your assistance!

After lots of reading/research and trial and error, I have my FSX running beautifully, except for one minor issue.

I have recorded a quick video of what I am experiencing on my YouTube. Basically, only at a couple of airports so far, I get this texture flicking nonsense and have no idea how to cure it.

VID: https://youtu.be/lYbg1uro3sk (Direct Link to my youtube account)

Here's my stats run-down:

Version: FSX Deluxe Ed. SP2

DirectX10 P - Enabled - My PC runs FSX so much better in DX10 over DX9, so I am not really inclined to switch back. The issue isn't present to the same extent in DX10--Instead of flickering I get a huge framerate drop in DX9 in the same view position

Graphics - pretty much maxed

Add-ons relevant to issue:

• Ground Environment X

• FSX Modified Terrain CFG - via FlyAwaySimulation

• FSX2xWater - via FlyAwaySimulation

• FSX Ground Textures - via FlyAwaySimulation

• Roads v1.1 - ^same as above

• TreeX

• USA Ground Textures Upgrade - via FAS too

• Steve Parson's Shader Fix for DX10

Custom Built PC:

Intel Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon

ASUS Maximus VII Motherboard

G.Skill 16GBx4 RAM DDR3

MSI NVIDIA GTX670 4GB x2 running in SLI on latest drivers, clean install

I know the issue here is not my PC in hardware--it is a beast and like I said I have FSX nearly running perfect. But I experience this graphic issue. In the same exact camera POV in DX9, I get a huge framerate drop so something's wrong on both ends. In DX10, I get this weird anomaly.

This is specifically at KEWR (Newark International Airport) and no matter where I am, at the gate or on the runway or in the region, I will get this.

I also noticed it happens at Japan's Haneda International in Tokyo. I have been to KSLC Salt Lake City International, Seattle-Taco, KLAX, Heathrow, and Domodevovo in Moscow. It doesn't happen there.

Can anyone help me here? I'm on my freshest install of FSX yet with all the processes clean and tweaked using that famous FSX Bible by NickN.

And it still happened before all the tweaks and add-ons, and even on a previous install (that said, I tried reinstalling several times, clean and still get the issue).

Any thing else for me to add please let me know. Trying to be as specific and detailed as possible since I've discovered many threads about "flickering" and Texture and graphics issues. I've sorted through them all and they all say that Steve Parson's DX10 Shader Fix is the solution. It's been added and still get it.

Help! lol Thanks in advance!!!

dx 10 cpreview mode is what's causing the flickering.

to fix, switch to dx9,

or buy "steve's dx10 fixer".

+1 on the dx 10 being the issue. I notice a lot of other scenery objects in your flick look like squares on sticks. That's also common to what I always see when using dx 10 preview.

Having said that, I just don't use dx 10 preview much for that reason and haven't tried the "steve's dx10 fixer." Is that software the same as the "DX10 Shader Fix" to which you refer?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Have you got this line in your FSX.cfg (Graphics) section?

ForceFullScreenVSync=1

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived