Strange FSX Issue

mejjo1989

Hi all,

I'm used to the problem of maximizing FSX once you have minimized it.

However I have come out of full screen to make it a windowed mode and if I minimize that I cannot bring it back up for some reason. I have no idea what the problem is, I've never known it not to maximize again if your not in full screen.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have had this issue due to a driver either missing or bad. Here is a link for a fil.

you will need to download the uiautomationcore.dll and place it in the FSX folder. If you need the file and can't download it I will email it to you.

This link is trash, please done use it. go to my other post.

I have had this issue due to a driver either missing or bad. Here is a link for a fil.

http://www.dllme.com/dll/files/uiautomationcore_dll.html

you will need to download the uiautomationcore.dll and place it in the FSX folder. If you need the file and can't download it I will email it to you.

Thank you for that, I will give this a try.

I can get back into the windowed mode FSX by going to the task manager but its just very frustrating doing that just to open it back up. I very much prefer just to click the icon on the taskbar and it opens back up haha. Whenever I currently do it all I hear is a bing and the engine noises.

I have had the same issue, and I traced it back to UIAutomationCore.dll. Here is a link for the file.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?uiautomationcore

I have tested it and got the zip from them.:cool:

I managed to get it maximized by task manager and i'm currently in a flight from EGLL to KMIA unfortunately i'm only an hour into it haha So I will try this once landed and get back to you :)

My power went out so I couldn't continue the flight.

I have closed FSX and placed the file in the FSX folder and then started FSX again, I made sure it wasn't full screen and when I minimized it by and tried to maximize it again it still would not work :( Just beeped and I could hear the sim but it just would not maximize.

Right! I seem to of solved the issue! However I still have a problem, I've unplugged my Xbox 360 controller and minimizing it and maximizing it is no longer an issue, I have no idea why this would cause this.

Also, I notice if I try to play a game with my Xbox controller while FSX is running, It seems to control FSX while i'm playing that different game, Is there a way for me to completely remove this Xbox controller from FSX so I does nothing?

Archived