Which version of FS X can I run?

N33029

Gang,

I obtained a laptop with a core duo CPU running at 1.8 GHZ. It reports that it has Direct-X 11 point something and that it has 348 Megs of video ram (not the 384 Megs I was hoping for).

Steam says that it needs a 2.0 GHz single core CPU. Can I get away with one that is 10% slower? Perhaps I could run FS X accelerator instead? I actually can't figure out how that last is different from the original FS X. Will anyone tell me?

I guess it is appropriate to ask about networking two of these laptops together here, too, since the answer could be for any of three different programs. The laptop can run an external monitor at the same time, and I thought it would be fun to open two small windows for traffic avoidance and close everything else, so the needed 256 Megs of video memory were preserved for the laptop's screen. Another thing I thought would be even better would be to link two of these laptops, each with it's second monitor as in the previous example. Can I just plug in an ethernet cable (10/100, I think it is called - what goes between my DSL modem and the computer) to connect and be in the same plane on both computers?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sean, trying to move up

P.S.: Mom sent a transfer on DVD of Dad flying the airplane with the reg number that is my account name (now belonging to someone else). It was really neat. Considering that the plane then had a fuel tank in only one wing, his landings were superb. I actually found my own landings in FS9 to have gotten good again after I watched the film.

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

I agree. The only thing you have a chance of running is FS2004. - Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived