I've been thinking about getting the PMDG 737 NGX for a while but was wondering how my computer would fair. My specs are as follows -

-Intel Pentium B950 @ 2.1GHz

-4GB RAM

-Intel HD Graphics

-Windows 10 64 bit

I understand that this is by no means an extensive setup and running the addon will be modest at best; I would just like to know if it would be at all possible.

Many thanks.

To help answer your question I copied what PMDG has listed on their site as follows,,,For the 737 NGX:

Minimum (Requirements)

OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (latest service packs), Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration installed.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent

RAM: 2GB if only running the NGX, 4GB if running other addons (scenery, traffic etc)

Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512MB of video memory (examples: Nvidia 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon 4870)

Further, I have the PMDG ngx and Triple 777 and the MD-11 and the 747 and they are great and worth every nickel.. al v

I've been thinking about getting the PMDG 737 NGX for a while but was wondering how my computer would fair. My specs are as follows -

-Intel Pentium B950 @ 2.1GHz

-4GB RAM

-Intel HD Graphics

-Windows 10 64 bit

I understand that this is by no means an extensive setup and running the addon will be modest at best; I would just like to know if it would be at all possible.

Many thanks.

With those specs, only if you turned EVERYTHING else down to minimum.

I guess it depends on how you define "OK". I don't think it will be OK. The computer doesn't have enough RAM (OOM's are a certainty) and the CPU us just too slow to fly the NGX well. I wouldn't try it but maybe my definition of "OK" is just to strict.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

That's just what I was expecting to be honest, could anyone please enlighten me as to what an affordable system might comprise of in order to run the NGX to an acceptable level?

Many thanks.

I'm with Caveman, if you like ZERO scenery and a slide show you might enjoy it. I wouldn't even run it on my system.

That's just what I was expecting to be honest, could anyone please enlighten me as to what an affordable system might comprise of in order to run the NGX to an acceptable level?

Many thanks.

To be quite honest, I really don't like the plane. I bought it a while ago and only have flown about 10 hours in it. The animations are frankly atrocious, freeware planes have better animations across the board. The frame rate in the cockpit is terrible and completely tanks near any decent sized airport, and I have a pretty darn good rig. I wish I had never bought it to be frank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks.

Lots of varying opinions on this one. But I think a combination like the following is about the minimum I'd look for:

Intel i7 CPU - either the 4770K or 4790K

NVidia GPU GTX750 (or better) for FSX and GTX970 or GTX980 for P3D

8GB of quality 1600 low-latency RAM (Crucial, Corsair, or G.Skill)

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Let us know what you decide and how it worked out.

Doug

Archived