My Old Computer Just Died

Ike Kant

I have happily used MS Flight Simulator for over twenty years in all of it's versions up to FS9 (2004). I'm also an ex pp-sel rated pilot. My latest tired old Dell just gave up the ghost for probably the last time but I still need to fly. I know nothing about FSX or newer desktop gaming computers. Is there a tutorial that explains how to get going on this? Would around $2000 get me a good system? I am only interested in flying single-engined Cessnas and Pipers in the continental USA, not the big stuff.
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West

My wife, who can fix anything from a rainy day to a recalcitrant pc replaced the video card in my machine so FS2004 is back up and running. I can put off getting another computer and FSX for another time. I guess you all were too busy to answer my original post. Happy flying.

Lucky you, I have to fix all things, my wife being totally useless with anything mechanical, electrical & software, & curses at the rainy days!..... Glad you are up & running again.

Do not know cost of things in US of A, but I would guess 2000$ would buy a very good system, even a top of range laptop which would run FS.

Keith

..I guess you all were too busy to answer my original post. Happy flying.

No, it's just that most of us gods of FS9/FSX never even saw your post because we hang in the FS9/FSX forums and rarely visit other forums. In future simply take a shower, comb your hair and brush your teeth, then walk into the FS9/FSX forums to ask your questions and you'll get an answer within hours as soon as they get back from choir practice..;)

Thanks guys. Now that I'm back in the saddle and don't have to spend money that was destined for a Suzuki TU250X, I'm as happy as Larry. Yep my wife has a vast and eclectic range of skills too many to name. Besides that she's a very pretty green-eyed redhead.

Archived