FSX Steam Edition question

ital

Hi,

I got this question, what does the SE need to run? The FSX SE itself yes but is something else required to be installed for it to run? I've been reading reviews and searching how the SE is and many are saying you just install FSX SE and run it but then some say it's not running and that steam must be running to play the game.

I'm aware that the steam edition is for good online use but I'm confused with its installation so I appreciate if anyone can tell me if there's something else to install other than the FSX SE itself as I'm interested to have some online flights.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Steam edition will run just like the boxed version, but with a few upgrades/enhancements. It seems to run a bit smoother for me, and it does not need you to be online to run it.

Well worth purchasing, especially if you catch it on sale. I paid $4.99 for it, so it's not a big expensive deal.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've never encoutered a monthly limit, or charge per log-in, or anything like that. I don't even monitor how much data is transfered back-n-forth while flying. Not much, I don't think. Once I bought FSX-SE, and downloaded the Steam client, I haven't been charged a penny, though. THAT I watch closely, charges to my credit card.

Will it infringe much on your monthly data limit? I don't THINK so. I don't see much data going back n forth at all.

Hope all that helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well yes we can. I just installed it then I installed steam but when I click on the FSX SE icon, the steam client opens up with the page of FSX SE then nothing. How do you run it? Same thing if I run as admin with the client. I have win7 64 bit home premium.

..I just installed it then I installed steam but when I click on the FSX SE icon, the steam client opens up with the page of FSX SE then nothing. How do you run it? Same thing if I run as admin with the client. I have win7 64 bit home premium.

I haven't got FSX:SE (I play it from 7-yr-old motheaten disks), but I've got 8 other sims and games on Steam and can access them fine. (I'm Win 7 64/HP same as you).

Simply log onto Steam then click 'Library' and your list of games should come up, here's a screenshot of my opening Steam page (I'm PoorOldSpike) with my 8 games listed down the left.

I've selected 'Fleet Command', you see the 'Play' button has come up, I click it and I'm away..:)

PS- All games are different, some can be played outside Steam and some can't, but it doesn't really matter either way.

Steam1.jpg

Well yes we can. I just installed it then I installed steam but when I click on the FSX SE icon, the steam client opens up with the page of FSX SE then nothing. How do you run it? Same thing if I run as admin with the client. I have win7 64 bit home premium.

When I did it, I installed Steam client first, then downloaded FSX:SE. You do realise its a 10GB download?

@ScatterbrainKid : Well my steam library is just blank, nothing in it.

@paul_c2 : yes the setup shows about 11GB and the game itself shows 16GB. Should I uninstall and reinstall FSX? Because I installed the steam client after installing fsx unknowingly. And fsx never opened even offline, so I don't know if I need to clear the registry. Users always do that when reinstalling but I don't know if it's necessary this time.

If you have already downloaded FSX SE through the Steam client and then uninstalled Steam, you may just need to reinstall Steam itself. You would basically be following the guide below, especially the part about verifying the game cache after reinstalling Steam, only installing back to the original location.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Archived