Pop-up Windows (Panels) Shift+1 thru Shift+8

Hello Guys:

I'm having a problem with a couple of commercial produced aircraft in that when I try to use the Shift+1 thru Shif+8, all I get is a brief flash, and them nothing the sim continues to work properly, but no panel(s) appear. These commands used to work on these aircraft but not now. I haven't loaded any new programs lately. I don't know how to program these windows (panels) etc. or how to tell what's causing these problems. I contacted tech support from both, but not much help. I'm not having any problems with other programs. FSX seems to be working fine with no other problems. I've been flying FSX for a long time and have several add-on aircraft, scenery, etc. If you have no suggestion, maybe you can tell me where to learn about pop-up windows (panels). I've tried to find answers else where but no success so far.

Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cantagre

My system: I7, Win 7 (64Bit), GTX 670 current drivers, FSX Acceleration

Make sure all the gauges it needs to call up in those panels are either in the plane's Panel folder or in the Sim's Gauges folder.

Also, a gauge or three may have become corrupted. Try replacing the gauges from the initial installation's zip file. Same with the Panel.cfg file.

Just so you know, being mysterious doen't go well for getting quality answers. Most everyone wil want to know the exact plane, the exact zipfile, the exact panels that aren't opening, and what you added/subtracted before all this started.

Just letting you know...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hello Pat, thanks for your suggestion. I didn't know if it were proper to name the commercial aircraft or not, but I can tell you. Its the Careando B200, autopilot pop-up window (Shift+4) that no longer works. Also, the A2A Comanche 250, & the A2A Civilian P-51. None of the A2A pop-ups work. I've uninstall all these aircraft, deleted all files & folders associated to them and reinstall each with original download zip files from the source, but none of these actions have proven successful. I know little about the aircraft.cfg folder & files, but if you can tell me where I can get some info about them so I learn, I'd be more than willing to put the time into learning as much as I can about them.

Thanks again, Cantagre

I go along with Pat on the possibility of a gauge(s) problem. Usually when you hit the Shift+number and get the brief flash of a popup window, it just can't find the gauge to display. Did this popup problem happen all at once for these 3 aircraft? Have you tried the same types of popup on other aircraft?

I'm just guessing at this last thing about payware aircraft. I would be willing to bet all of the gauges are in the panel folder and probably not placed in the FSX/Gauges folder.

From the A3A site. http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=35640

It discusses the lack of popups for their aircraft and the need for at least FSX with SP1 and 2 installed, or Acceleration. There is mention of Simconnect being corrupted.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

As you get a brief flash of the selected panel it would suggest that they are installed and configured correctly in the appropriate panel.cfg files. It is highly unlikely that the panels from two different manufacturers would display the same symptoms as the panels are separate - although that may be a possibility with two A/C from the same developer if they share a generic file for example. This suggests that the problem is more system orientated rather than just being confined to the stated products. Have you tried other A/C, especially a default one, to confirm if the problem only affects other A/C

If the problem is evident in other A/C, especially a default one, it would suggest that the problem lies with a generic FSX gauge that maybe corrupted. Although the A/C you have identified are payware and have their own panel/gauges files, they may still utilise some generic FSX gauges.

Regards

Brian

Archived