Thread: Does the Multiplayer server support FSXSteam? Seems it does not?

Default Does the Multiplayer server support FSXSteam? Seems it does not?

According to the forum...
    Q: What version of FS can I use on the servers?
    A: Our FSHost server is currently supporting FS9(2004), FSX and P3D. They will run together in a single session. Unfortunately, there is no support for previous versions of Flight Simulator.

Might this change to support FSXSteam?
    FSX and FS9, REX OVDR, UTX, FSPassengers, UTraffic, Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UDR, I7 950 3.07 GHz (no overclock), 6 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 560TI, Hyperthreading, FPS NOT locked...try it.

I believe, as Steam is just a slighty tweaked/improved version of FSX Gold with Acceleration included, FSXSE works fine anywhere FSX does.
    Try it and see, is always a great way to find out
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Unless there's been some changes to how the Steam edition for FSX works it can NOT connect to any other than the Steam servers as far as I know. The last I knew you can't connect a Steam edition to a boxed edition of FSX or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by WombatOne View Post
    Unless there's been some changes to how the Steam edition for FSX works it can NOT connect to any other than the Steam servers as far as I know. The last I knew you can't connect a Steam edition to a boxed edition of FSX or vice versa.
    Thats correct, the only way to connect boxed version to steam edition is through FS host or vatsim or something of that kind but direct multi-player connection is not possible. Dovetail altered the multi-player protocol.

5. Default Thanks for the reminder

Quote Originally Posted by epwatson View Post
    Thats correct, the only way to connect boxed version to steam edition is through FS host or vatsim or something of that kind but direct multi-player connection is not possible. Dovetail altered the multi-player protocol.
    Thanks for reminding me of the hard work I did in getting ride of FSX steam edition and wiping out everything steam had stuck in my registry. Now that I installed Acceleration over my FSX box copy, I ain't EVER goin' back to the FSX-SE disaster. I can join FSopen, directly, with no characteristic steam server lag and FREEZE, whenever I feel like it.