Trying to use a Mimo USB Monitor as GPS

monkeysuncle

Hi, I recently got a Mimo 720s. Can you give me any tips to get it to not conflict with the Nvidia drivers? When the Mimo is on, my second monitor won't work in FSX and the Nvidia control panel won't open. Once I unplug the Mimo, all goes back to normal. Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.9GHz | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4 25600 | MSI GeForce GTX-950 2GB | MSI GeForce 710 |Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD | EVGA 500 Ba 100-0500-KR 80+ Bronze 500W | Windows 10 Home | FSX Gold With Acceleration

I have used this monitor in the past. The only way I could get it to work was to run FSX in windows mode. I actually have 6 monitors on my rig - but used the Mimo as USB - it looks great, but man did it take a hit on FPS. Part of the problem is that the USB port does not handle DirectX or high end graphics or something. I can not remember the terminology. I ended up putting it in the closet....where it sits today...still

Hobbitrocks

sim02.jpg

display.JPG

Same here. I bought my Mimo about 4 years ago. I also have the 720S touch screen model. I have searched for years to get it to work better but as it is USB it has many drawbacks. P3D won't even start with it plugged in. It works fine for FSX but as stated previously it really kills the frame rate.

It seems that the usb monitors aren't quite up to the challenge of fsx in multi monitor setup. I can get it to work in Windows, although it takes quite a bit of setting it up and then it randomly drops out. My Mimo has been sitting in the cupboard for 2 years now. Shame. I bought it to use as the FMC in my 737. But then I found VirtualCDU for the iPad , so no big deal.

I have used this monitor in the past. The only way I could get it to work was to run FSX in windows mode. I actually have 6 monitors on my rig - but used the Mimo as USB - it looks great, but man did it take a hit on FPS. Part of the problem is that the USB port does not handle DirectX or high end graphics or something. I can not remember the terminology. I ended up putting it in the closet....where it sits today...still

Hobbitrocks

I'm not sure, but aren't these USB monitors actually graphics adapters in their own right and not only screens? As they are not connected to the GPU present in your computer, there either has to be some piece of software bridging the gap - emulating a monitor for your main GPU to use - or it is an externally connected GPU all by itself. Either way it has only the USB (2?) bandwidth to transfer the necessary data - which is really slow compared to an internal GPU connected via PCIe. This would explain why it does only work in windowed mode and why the FPS drop.

I knew it would be too good to be true. Thanks for all the info, looks like its going back on eBay. I'll go with a non-usb mini monitor for my GPS with a dedicated keypad. Now if I could get HIDMacros to work in FSX, I'd be all set......

thanks again!, Dave

Intel Core i5 6600K 3.9GHz | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4 25600 | MSI GeForce GTX-950 2GB | MSI GeForce 710 |Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD | EVGA 500 Ba 100-0500-KR 80+ Bronze 500W | Windows 10 Home | FSX Gold With Acceleration

Archived