Altitude Hold and Altitude Bug on default 737

GridNorth

I've managed to assign the Heading Hold and Heading Bug actions on the MDP to keyboard keys but I can't for the life of me get it to work with the Altitude Hold and Altitude Bug in either the FSX keyboard assignments nor FSUIPC. Is this yet another anomaly?

Alan

I've managed to assign the Heading Hold and Heading Bug actions on the MDP to keyboard keys but I can't for the life of me get it to work with the Altitude Hold and Altitude Bug in either the FSX keyboard assignments nor FSUIPC. Is this yet another anomaly?

Alan

The quick question would be....does the altitude and heading hold buttons light up on the AP when you use the keyboard or FSUIPC assignments?

Testing..... so far using Ctrl+Z turns the Altitude Hold light on and off and using Ctrl+H turns the Heading hold light on and off (Make sure your AP is turned on!)

Will now test the heading bug to change headings in the display.

After programming the Heading Bug Increment and Decrement those also work fine.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The quick question would be....does the altitude and heading hold buttons light up on the AP when you use the keyboard or FSUIPC assignments?

Testing..... so far using Ctrl+Z turns the Altitude Hold light on and off and using Ctrl+H turns the Heading hold light on and off (Make sure your AP is turned on!)

Will now test the heading bug to change headings in the display.

After programming the Heading Bug Increment and Decrement those also work fine.

+1 Never had a problem with that plane using keyboard or Ctrl. assignments.

I run AP through my Saitek multi-panel as well. Almost never a problem there either. When I do, it's my FSUIPC that's not pushing through from the Saitek. At the worst, a quick reboot of FSX and all is well again. Usually a flip of my control on and off does the job without ending the flight.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Don't assume from the start that fsx is faulty. I don't know who told you that, but they were wrong.

Simple default assignments:

-Autopilot Altitude hold (on/off)-

-Altitude bug (select)-

then + and - key as desired.

(then some other function, for example "e" (select all engines) or for example (view - forward) (key on my joystick). to get back out of setting altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ctrl+Z works as does C and F6. It doesn't seem to like either F9 or F10. Those keys work for other assignments in another config so I don't think it's the keys.

Alan

Seems like you are re-assigning the commands away from their defaults. This can, sometimes, confuse the issue if the key you are using is still assigned to something else.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes I've experienced that before. In fact I had so many issues that I de-assigned all the defaults but for this exercise I have started again with a default "standard.xml" and checked that there are no conflicts in either the FSX control settings nor FSUIPC.

Alan

I think you are right mrzippy. Even the mouse clicks on the monitor were ineffective when I checked once more. I've started again with a default cockpit, this time I won't delete the defaults unless they cause a problem.

I'm trying to reflect the MDP on a keyboard but having some difficulty because of terminology. FSX calls something one thing, FSUIPC calls it another and the RogerDodger site key assignment that worked very well for GA call and label it something else.

Alan

Archived